Retromags but for Retro Video Game instructions.

Thor

• Retromags Curator

Check this out a database of old video game instructions

http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.238

Ah yes, my other home besides Retromags. See? :)

http://www.replacementdocs.com/e107_plugins/authorstats/authorstats.php?author=Areala

I more than doubled the size of their Genesis/Megadrive library. :)

*huggles*

Areala

Yep, that's a cool site to find stuff, and I like their quality standards too, despite having a submission rejected because of scan quality. I recently downloaded a torrent of manuals from another site, thinking of convenience, but greatly was disappointed compared to the quality of replacementdocs scans. The only issue I have with replacementdocs is that they have an obsession with pdf files when they should transition to the much less bloated cbr format. I guess if I actually bothered to bring this up on their forums...

• Retromags Curator

Yep, that's a cool site to find stuff, and I like their quality standards too, despite having a submission rejected because of scan quality. I recently downloaded a torrent of manuals from another site, thinking of convenience, but greatly was disappointed compared to the quality of replacementdocs scans. The only issue I have with replacementdocs is that they have an obsession with pdf files when they should transition to the much less bloated cbr format. I guess if I actually bothered to bring this up on their forums...

They use PDF files for ease of portability and because it makes it more difficult for someone to edit them to remove the credit stamp. :)

*huggles*

Areala

Well, I had a problem with portability because of them using pdf, since my PDA can't display them. However, image files I could extract and view just fine.

If anyone is that desperate to take credit for someone else's work, I'm sure they can find ways to edit the pdf files just as easily as an image file. However, it's too bad there's no way to lock down a cbr/rar archive's files into read-only, so I can sort of see the thinking there.

• 1 month later...

My only complaint about Replacement docs is that not all the manuals are there. In fact I have 7 GBA games I need the manual for.

You know it's a user-contribution site, right? You should put up a request on their forums to see if anyone can scan them for you. Until then, many FAQs on GameFAQs.com contain pretty much all the important manual information in their FAQ/walkthroughs.

• Retromags Curator

My only complaint about Replacement docs is that not all the manuals are there. In fact I have 7 GBA games I need the manual for.

Not only is it user-contributed content, but there are only 2-3 editors to handle the enormous (read as: thousands and thousands) amount of incoming file submissions and one webmaster (Sleepy) to update everything. Sleepy had his first kid last year, and thus the time he's had to spend on the site has decreased significantly. :)

Make a request on the forums there; if the file already exists there, that should push it up to the front of an editor's queue to get it uploaded and posted sooner. If it doesn't, it might encourage somebody else who has the manual to scan it. :)

*huggles*

Areala