Next Generation WIP

nirv

Guest squarepusher

Hey square, your message box is full and I can't send you anything.

Issue 13 will be up in about 2 hours.

I don't know what that's about. I deleted some PM messages when you gave me the heads up on the Shoutbox, but you still can't send me anything? I don't see a sign anywhere saying my 'message box is full'

Might as well send 'Dante_Ali' a PM on the OOPA forums.

Edited by squarepusher

Next Generation Issue 022 October 1996 is out! 258MB

Mega Upload

Hotfile

tn_gallery_9_307050.jpg

Also, this hasn't been confirmed yet but I may be receiving a donation of the remaining issues after the eBay purchase which includes 6,19,28,35 and 37-48.

Should this donation come through, Retromags® will have the entire Next Generation™ collection from 1995 to 2000! :banana:

Also, this hasn't been confirmed yet but I may be receiving a donation of the remaining issues after the eBay purchase which includes 6,19,28,35 and 37-48.

Should this donation come through, Retromags® will have the entire Next Generation™ collection from 1995 to 2000! :banana:

Well nirv, it is confirmed!! I've mailed the issues out to you today, so you should be receiving them soon. Hopefully, over time, you can get to all of them and finally scratch one great magazine completely off the list.

Keep up the good work.

Joseph (aka vince4587)

Next Generation Issue 06 June 1995 is out!

tn_gallery_9_173570.jpg

Well, not actually. It's ready to go, but gee, I sure would like my ban removed so I can submit it to Retromags more professionally. I have every issue from 1995 to 2000

(excluding one) ready to be scanned and put up here to complete this collection so nobody has to ever debind or look for missing issues on eBay again

but I'm having difficulty. If you want to see the rest of the scans on the site, please make an appeal to E-Day.

Squarepusher, who is also a contributor here, is currently debinding and rescanning his issues of Edge (UK version of Next Generation) but he is also banned.

If we wish to conclude the preservation of these magazines, the banning needs to end. No one should have the power to jeopardize what

the community receives on this website merely by opening their yam holes.

Next Generation Issue 07 July 1995 is out!

tn_gallery_9_27959.jpg

Well, not actually. It's ready to go, but gee, I sure would like my ban removed so I can submit it to Retromags more professionally. I have every issue from 1995 to 2000

(100%) ready to be scanned and put up here to complete this collection so nobody has to ever debind or look for missing issues on eBay again

but I'm having difficulty. If you want to see the rest of the scans on the site, please make an appeal to E-Day.

Squarepusher, who is also a contributor here, is currently debinding and rescanning his issues of Edge (UK version of Next Generation) but he is also banned.

If we wish to conclude the preservation of these magazines, the banning needs to end. No one should have the power to jeapordize what

Next Generation 009 September 1995 is out!

tn_gallery_9_30743.jpg

(Corrected version as requested by E-Day)

(100%) ready to be scanned and put up here to complete this collection so nobody has to ever debind or look for missing issues on eBay again

If we wish to conclude the preservation of these magazines, the banning needs to end. No one should have the power to jeapordize what

Guest excommunicated

Just wanted to drop in here and say that all of KiwiArcaders' lossy JPEG, non-debinded scans are as of this moment officially worthless - since I will be debinding all of my Edge issues, and have been giving uncompressed TIFF versions to him.

Together, we will try to get this out there given available free time - ideally, all the old, non-debinded, bad quality scans from Edge Magazine that are currently on the site should make room for properly scanned ones.

Like I said before, 'excommunicated' and 'unbanned' are pretty much working on this thing together, so it would be in this community's best interests to start showing some kind of sense - instead of talking up over how wonderful 'favicons' are, or how wonderful the 'wiki' is, how about unbanned's magazine posting privileges get reinstated and mine as well - so we can actually get around to doing what this site is supposed to be about - preserving 'magazines' and sharing them with the community? Just saying...

Just wanted to drop in here and say that all of KiwiArcaders' lossy JPEG, non-debinded scans are as of this moment officially worthless - since I will be debinding all of my Edge issues, and have been giving uncompressed TIFF versions to him.

Together, we will try to get this out there given available free time - ideally, all the old, non-debinded, bad quality scans from Edge Magazine that are currently on the site should make room for properly scanned ones.

Like I said before, 'excommunicated' and 'unbanned' are pretty much working on this thing together, so it would be in this community's best interests to start showing some kind of sense - instead of talking up over how wonderful 'favicons' are, or how wonderful the 'wiki' is, how about unbanned's magazine posting privileges get reinstated and mine as well - so we can actually get around to doing what this site is supposed to be about - preserving 'magazines' and sharing them with the community? Just saying...

would just like to correct one thing : 'and have been giving uncompressed TIFF versions to him' should read:

and have been giving uncompressed TIFF versions to 'unbanned'

BTW, it sucks that people can't even edit their own posts anymore - the 'lockdown' on this forum really, if anything, makes it even more unappealing and unwelcome than necessary.

• Retromags Curator

If it's unappealing and unwelcome, why did you sign up again? Obviously something is appealing here. As far as "lockdown", you didn't have to wait for someone to approve your account, right? Be thankful you guys haven't ruined that yet.

If you don't like it, leave. Go start your own site and show us how it is done.

And this site is about more than just scanning magazines. Just saying.

I don't know what either of you did, but maybe, just maybe, if you act civil about it and talk to a moderator in private you can be allowed back. If you're willing to set aside your conceived issues with the site and solely contribute as far as scans, maybe we can set aside our issues with you.

• Retromags Curator

I don't know what either of you did, but maybe, just maybe, if you act civil about it and talk to a moderator in private you can be allowed back. If you're willing to set aside your conceived issues with the site and solely contribute as far as scans, maybe we can set aside our issues with you.

That might be possible with excommunicated/squarepusher, but nirv/unbanned is done.