Next Generation WIP

nirv

Guest excommunicated

That might be possible with excommunicated/squarepusher, but nirv/unbanned is done.

Without nirv back, you won't be seeing me either. Everything to do with my debinded magazine scans will go through nirv.

There's no free lunch here - you, as a moderator, must choose between petty contrivances that constitute you and your buddies 'having fun' on your own little social venue here - between that or having a serious site dedicated to magazine preservation.

Just realize we are doing this solely for the community's sake - I have no interest in you as a person, neither in the little cadre you choose to keep yourself preoccupied with. There are a lot of good, well-intentioned people here who donated and parted with their cash - those people constitute a site, not a forum moderator who believes he can rule by exerting a chilling effect on a forum.

Geez squarepusher .... how does nirv phoning people to have a go at them, moaning ad infinitum that people should skype him, abusing people on the forums, sending PM's trying to get people to agree with him and putting down E-Day over his preference on how he want to run HIS site etc constitute anything other than diversive behaviour and arrogance towards people who have a difference of opinion?

As bad as all that is, what is sadder is that you somehow think that his behaviour is acceptable. Good grief .... I thought that with even a modicum of common sense you would see that his behaviour has been at best moronic and worse, bordering on stalkerish and wouldn't be tolerated by almost any forum? If you don't then there is no hope for you and I wish you both well in your endevours. But I will be glad you both aren't here to be honest.

This forum was created for people to share old gaming mags that they own for other members to enjoy. I don't think it was ever created to be the ultimate source of mags as the stipulations around only using personal scans etc meant that we would never be in a position to offer all mags anyway. But it was never meant to be that otherwise that stipulation wouldn't have been there in the first place and we'd just be downloading everything on torrents and reuploading them. That isn't a bad thing though when you look at the quality, or lack thereof, in most files seen on torrents. You both knew the rules when you signed up yet instead of working within those rules nirv decided that his way was the only way. "My way or the Highway". Well ... he got the highway. SO you want to fall on his sword too?

Good luck with releasing your Edge mags wherever you guys do end up at. I am sure that they will be great quality etc just as nirv's Next Gen's have been. Quality of product has never been the issue with you guys after all.

If you don't like it, leave. Go start your own site and show us how it is done.

I like how this is everyone's suggestion all of the time. We don't WANT more fragmented content, we want a conclusion of magazine preservation because with the 2000 limit, it IS possible. Don't tell your community to make more websites unless you really don't care about people destroying more physical magazines not knowing that there's already a really good scan available. That makes you more of a monster than me, because I'd never WASTE people's time, money and efforts.

If you were intellectually honest, you'd know the people don't come here for the community, they come for the content, and despite your own community donating, you're effectively blocking those efforts right now and in front of everybody. They deserve these magazines because they DONATED THEM.

There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance and as you've seen over the years, scanners tend to be hard-headed. I'm only hard-headed in terms of being absolutely bamboozled why no one wants to talk about the steps we need to take to make this whole project better when in the nearly 3 hours I spoke with Triverse over the phone, there was still much to discuss and I'm not going to write a BOOK on some forums to do it as you suggest.

I come here for the community as well as the scans. I don't think the site could sustain itself without some sense of fraternity... People would be less inclined to donate magazines or money, feeling there's no commitment. There's no bond other than the scans, which would be offered by a site rather than real people. I enjoy the people here and the discussions. If we made this a mad rush to scan everything we have just to get it up and preserve it the project would be long-dead. It's the enjoyment other people get from these scans and post to thank and talk about it that gives incentive to continue scanning. Just my thoughts.

• Retromags Curator

Without nirv back, you won't be seeing me either. Everything to do with my debinded magazine scans will go through nirv.

There's no free lunch here - you, as a moderator, must choose between petty contrivances that constitute you and your buddies 'having fun' on your own little social venue here - between that or having a serious site dedicated to magazine preservation.

Good. I kill two birds with one stone. Get lost.

This is a hobby site, not a serious site. If you want a serious site, make your own for your scans. Hobby sites don't compete with each other. And it wouldn't fragment anything; it would be another resource for people looking for magazines.

Have fun.

Just realize we are doing this solely for the community's sake - I have no interest in you as a person, neither in the little cadre you choose to keep yourself preoccupied with. There are a lot of good, well-intentioned people here who donated and parted with their cash - those people constitute a site, not a forum moderator who believes he can rule by exerting a chilling effect on a forum.

If I remember right, it was nirv who came in here stirring things up. As far as this community, it was fine until nirv came around wanting to debate with everyone about the state of the site. We've all basically been on good terms here. Debating is fine and it comes up every once in a while, and that's just how things work. It's part of a community. Petty name-calling and personal attacks are no way to further a debate. It's childish and it just won't be tolerated. Not everyone is going to see things your way.

I, as a user and (barely)moderator, personally don't care if any of you scan magazines and submit them here if you have a bad attitude. If you come with good intentions and can get along like adults, then you'll always be welcome here. Debates are fine, but escalating them to playground foolery is just no way to do it. Thank you for what you're doing, but you're doing it of your on accord and it's your own choice. This is a privately owned site, not Google Magazines. Scanning and submitting magazines does not entitle you to coming here and personally attacking users just because they don't see things your way.

The only petty contrivances I've seen here have been started by nirv. I had no problem with him or anyone else, but after a while it just got old, and I too am sick of it. If you guys can't get along, then move along.

And for the record, E-Day is not just some forum mod, he actually owns the site now. Many of the site users have come to E-Day and Phillyman about what has been happening with seemingly unprovoked attacks from nirv and others. E-Day is merely responding to a problem at his site.

Next Generation Issues 06, 07, 09 and 26 are out! This means Retromags.com now has the first full year of this magazine! They've been submitted officially but have not yet been approve so here they are.

Next Generation Issue 06:

Mega Upload

Hotfile

tn_gallery_9_173570.jpg

Next Generation Issue 07:

Mega Upload

Hotfile

tn_gallery_9_27959.jpg

Next Generation Issue 09: (This is already available on the site but it is a rescan from me with proper colors and improved quality)

Mega Upload

Hotfile

tn_gallery_9_30743.jpg

Next Generation Issue 26:

Mega Upload

Hotfile

tn_gallery_9_259044.jpg