im auctioning a great variety of gaming mags

• 3 weeks later...

Seriously, if I was a little more financially sound at the moment, I would purchase much of what you have available.  I mean, you have some extremely rare mags up for about $2 an issue (even common mags go for more than that on Ebay).

Maybe you could break up the sets or something and do like you did with the Gamefans that you had (that I missed completely) and have two for $10 or something.  It might spark some interest in your mags (and allow people that can't quite swing $45 to $50-after shipping, to grab some issues).

Seriously, if I was a little more financially sound at the moment, I would purchase much of what you have available.  I mean, you have some extremely rare mags up for about $2 an issue (even common mags go for more than that on Ebay).

Maybe you could break up the sets or something and do like you did with the Gamefans that you had (that I missed completely) and have two for $10 or something.  It might spark some interest in your mags (and allow people that can't quite swing $45 to $50-after shipping, to grab some issues).

ya times are tough man! Things arent selling like they used to thats for sure. Ya gosh i have so many magazines and ive sold so many recently too. A lot are rare for sure! ya there are so many ways to sell the mags i just decided on splitting up the older ones into small groups of 5 or so and then the larger groups to fit in a flat rate box. im overcharging on shipping cus im starting out the bids really low! cus im trying to save some money from the final value fees! Ebays amd paypal fees are crazy, im doing everything i can to make profit! it might be kind of backfiring though, i dunno.. Usually i put shipping costs close to actual this time i inflated them and started the bids lower, usually i do buy it now etc. this time was hoping for bidding wars lol... ;) Ah well. But ya the economy is so so bad... i checked completed listings for gamefans and they are hardly selling... lucky to get $2 an issue even for Gamefans these days!!!

Yeah, just 6 months ago, those $10 Gamefans were going for $20 to $30 and selling at that price at a fairly fast pace.  Believe me, if I had some extra money, I would be grabbing the issues I need (don't have a complete set, mainly missing later issues so it is not that big a deal financially to grab them later).  One set I would like to draw some attention to, for anyone here wondering what to grab, is this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Game-Players-Video-Game-Magazine-FIRST-ISSUE-1989-NES-/310228141025?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483b09c3e1

and this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Game-Players-Nintendo-Guide-FIRST-ISSUES-1989-Players-/310228139736?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483b09bed8

For anyone interested, those are some extremely rare issues (about $100 worth in each set there during a good economy) and only $5 an issue after shipping is figured in.  Think about it, Game Informer/Gamepro etc will cost you at least $7 per issue, plus tax on that and probably not be as entertaining as these issues would be (at least for a retro minded fan).

Yeah, just 6 months ago, those $10 Gamefans were going for $20 to $30 and selling at that price at a fairly fast pace.  Believe me, if I had some extra money, I would be grabbing the issues I need (don't have a complete set, mainly missing later issues so it is not that big a deal financially to grab them later).  One set I would like to draw some attention to, for anyone here wondering what to grab, is this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Game-Players-Video-Game-Magazine-FIRST-ISSUE-1989-NES-/310228141025?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483b09c3e1

and this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Game-Players-Nintendo-Guide-FIRST-ISSUES-1989-Players-/310228139736?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483b09bed8

For anyone interested, those are some extremely rare issues (about $100 worth in each set there during a good economy) and only $5 an issue after shipping is figured in.  Think about it, Game Informer/Gamepro etc will cost you at least $7 per issue, plus tax on that and probably not be as entertaining as these issues would be (at least for a retro minded fan).

Ya those early issues of Game Players dont pop up often :) hopefully a couple people really want them! :) i wish I was an old retired man so i could just sit and read these old magazines LOL but alas im not.. i love collecting mags but i can never find the time to read them anymore. Heck i rarely play video games anymore. Life is getting in the way...

Get a PSP. It will cover games and reading mags (unzip the JPG's and you can look at them easily on the PSP). Plus, you don't have to stay home to enjoy it (like a home console), just get an anti glare screen protector and you are set for some gaming outside.

What issues are in this set:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Electronic-Gaming-Monthly-Game-Informer-Expert-XBOX-EGM-/310228314370?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483b0c6902

?

Get a PSP.  It will cover games and reading mags (unzip the JPG's and you can look at them easily on the PSP).  Plus, you don't have to stay home to enjoy it (like a home console), just get an anti glare screen protector and you are set for some gaming outside.

What issues are in this set:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Electronic-Gaming-Monthly-Game-Informer-Expert-XBOX-EGM-/310228314370?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483b0c6902

?

Always did want a PSP... :)

Those are just some EGMS from the early to mid 2000s and then a few other mags, they are kinda beat up :P No good old issues in there.

Why did you break up your auctions? 32X - cord. Then you sell the cord as it's own auction. Or the Virtual Boy - controller and sell the controller and visor separate?

oh god not this again... :o But atleast you didn't jump to conclusions about me like this guy on this subject LOL ;)http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/164830-help-i-need-a-lot-more-bidders-my-prices-are-good/