Rare Taiwanese magazine, Submitting stuff + wondering about certain magazines

puddinpops

Sophocles, quit hectoring E-Day (aren't I witty: 2 Greek names in one sentence, geddit?) and move your beef over to private messages. Whether you have a valid point or not about the conduct of Retromags is lost in the disturbance your incessant heckling has created.

The Video Games magazine I'm not sure what it was a successor of, all I know is I have one issue with Mario on the front and it had a big section for Mario RPG with tons of shots of the game that looks completely different from the game that was released. Very intriguing that they seem to be the only magazine that got those shots, never saw them in previews from any other magazines.

Yeah, I know what you mean, I saw some shots like that in a Nintendo Power magazine before the game came out. It bugged the s#!^ out of me for the longest time. :sad:

Must be like the stuff that was different in the official Nintendo guide for the game from the actual game.

If it's not already on the site, E-Day will probably be requesting it, among other guides I want to get rid of. Got a list of them, he's looking through it today, I hope, so I can send it tomorrow and be done with.

Yeah I have proof alright, but I don't want to ruffle any more feathers.

For f%!<s sake, hurry up and post this proof. Quit JACKIN' around, be done with it, and move on to the next thing.

I don't, but the game and the guide differ in these areas (and others I sure):

Hidden treasure box no. 23 is a KerokeroCola, not a flower. (Sunken Ship's)

Hidden treasure box no. 24 is a Red Essence, not a flower.

Hidden treasure box no. 30 is a Frog Coin, not a flower (how did they make this many errors?).

Hidden treasure box no. 31 is a flower, not a Rock Candy.

"Hidden treasure box no. 35" is most certainly not hidden, nor is it a frog coin. It is a flower, but is shown as hidden in the guide.

The row in the guide that the Rare Scarf is listed in is correct IF each cell is shifted one to the right (think of a spreadsheet), with "0" meaning an empty cell (cause it doesn't matter).

Cool link ccovell. I found ads just like that in some magazines I skimmed through, including an add for an FC clone. I probably should have saved it. Thanks for the Famitsu release too, however slow you go I look forward to more. Enjoyed the mini manga towards the end where Mario's apparently shaved Luigi's pubes :blink: Stuff like woulda never flown in US mags, really interesting to see haha.

Still on a hunt for more magazines out there. I met a guy on IRC years back who had lots of JP magazines from 96 and so, hopefully they're still obtainable somewhere.