2 pages per file instead of one?

Guest s1500

Guest s1500

So I downloaded one of the mags from here, and noticed it was 1 page per file. For one of the fun pre-crash mags like Electronic Games, it split all the fun 2-page wide artwork into non-fun halves.

I didn't use comic book reader. Instead, I just used Windows picture viewer. With widescreen monitors and a landscape orientation, AND the artwork, it would make more sense to go 2 pages/file. That's how I have my scans, and do not want to split 'em into 1-pagers. I don't know how comic book reader does it.

So, what does everyone think?

Guest s1500

How is it more work? With all my dual-page scans, it's going to be quite a bit of work splittin' each and every one of them.

It takes work to add two pages together after scanning them. Especially if the scanner has a surface area that only allows for one page at a time, which is most of the folks around here. Unless a person has a scanner with a large surface area that will allow them to scan two pages at once, joining pages will take time. To put it simply, very few people here have a scanner big enough to scan two pages at once.

That being said, some do take the time to join pages because they like showing how the images that span more than one page look together. It just depends on the person. ^_^

Guest s1500

It takes work to add two pages together after scanning them. Especially if the scanner has a surface area that only allows for one page at a time, which is most of the folks around here. Unless a person has a scanner with a large surface area that will allow them to scan two pages at once, joining pages will take time. To put it simply, very few people here have a scanner big enough to scan two pages at once.

That being said, some do take the time to join pages because they like showing how the images that span more than one page look together. It just depends on the person. ^_^

I am one of those few people with a big enough scanner to do 2 pages at a time. Good 'ol Mustek A3.

I am one of those few people with a big enough scanner to do 2 pages at a time. Good 'ol Mustek A3.

Well then you are pretty lucky, the rest of us unfortunates are just going to have to make do with our wimpy one-page-at-a-time scanners. ^_^

• Retromags Curator

Well then you are pretty lucky, the rest of us unfortunates are just going to have to make do with our wimpy one-page-at-a-time scanners. ^_^

I enjoy my one-page scanner. If I want to view two pages at a time, I'll set CDisply to do so :)

Not sure how CDisplay is doing things these days, but back when I used it, it didn't recognize the cover page so it put that one besides page 2.

Using ComicRack fixed that though as it does realize that the first page is the cover so it treats it as one.

Also found it to be a much better CBZ reader as well.

Been using Comicbooklover for about 2 years myself now.