Site Suggestions

E-Day

Couple of things in my mind. I tried to download several magazines, but with all of them I got that federal gov warning image, so I couldn't get any magazine. So it's very disappointing to get error message "You have exceeded the maximum amount of downloads allotted to you by the administrator for the day".

Another one is that I tried to give positive feedback to one post, and I got this: "Action failed: You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day." But that was my FIRST attempt to vote ever! Seems little too restricted.

Hmm. I was able to download few magazines per day, after just one post I made. What I was complaining, is that my downloads counts up even when I was unable to download anything because of megaupload. Ok, I understand that there's maybe no way for retromags to know was my download successful or not..

• Retromags Curator

This is what is available as a direct download:

Nintendo Power

GamePro

EGM

Game Players

Sega Visions

EGM2

VG&CE

Enter

Game Informer

Gamer's Republic

Atari Age

Atari User

Mega Play

Color Computer

Tips & Tricks

Expert Gamer

Everything else in the Download Manager points to MegaUpload, so do not attempt to download anything else. It will count towards your download quota because the system cannot distinguish whether the download was successful or not. It can only tell when you've clicked on the download button. There is no way to stop it from doing this apart from removing what is not available from the Download Manager. So do not try to download anything that isn't listed above from the Download Manager. You can find links to offline copies of magazines here: http://www.retromags.com/forums/topic/7043-external-links-to-magazine-scans/. Just be aware that these links may or may not work, depending on how quick MediaFire is at deleting stuff.

As a newcomer, you get two downloads a day. Once you hit 25 posts, you become a regular member, and you get 10 downloads a day. Other functions also open up to you as a Member, including voting for posts (reputation points). It's to prevent newcomers from abusing the system in some immature attempt to cause trouble.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...