Nintendo placing its Anti-Piracy hopes on 3DS

tinman

According to ComputerAndVideoGames.com, “Nintendo believes that all-new anti-piracy tech in 3DS will be foolproof to cracks from illegal downloaders.” They spoke to THQ’s VP of Global Publishing, Ian Curran who had the following to say, “What excites me even more [than 3DS games] is that there's technology built in that device to really combat piracy.” When it comes to piracy, Nintendo has been trying for a long time to find a solution to combat it.

More>>

Well theoretically it is possible, and they should put as much effort into this as they can to protect their business and that of the people that work with them.

Wether it'll work is a whole other matter, but I hope it does for a change.

Even if they do this, there will still be a point where they'll leave a hole open by accident and hackers will exploit it. Look at something like the Twilight hack.

I say go for it, but it hasn't worked so far in history. I don't think Nintendo of all companies will be the one to stop it.

Even if they do this, there will still be a point where they'll leave a hole open by accident and hackers will exploit it. Look at something like the Twilight hack.

I say go for it, but it hasn't worked so far in history. I don't think Nintendo of all companies will be the one to stop it.

I might not work fully but they can make it so it's difficult enough to keep "normal" people from using pirated stuff. They probably know well that they cann't stop the power users, but if they can stop rampart piracy they have done their job.