Gameshark Magazine

Done issues 25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,Holiday 2001

Game Pro

Honestly still need to check what has been posted here

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep GameShark magazine it was originally published by InterAct as a magazine upgrade to their Dangerous Waters newsletter. I believe I have a complete collection scanned, and the strangest thing I discovered there is no mention of it on Wikipedia. Each issue of the magazine naturally had GameShark codes, but game reviews as well. InterAct also used it to plug new products as well. If you like to see 1 I can post it on my Photobucket account.

Hm. This is the earliest issue? Publication date is mid-2000 which is much too late for what I'm looking for. I was hoping for some early Pokemon codes, particularly if they dealt with the unused hex glitches that inspired some of the PokeGods. Still, I'm intrigued that GameShark attempted a gaming magazine for awhile. Their focus on codes could have carved them out a profitable and interesting niche in the gaming scene at the time.

• 1 month later...

Okay so it's been a while call it a combo problem of the heat we were having and me feeling the effects of heat stress. But now according to my doctor I am finally recovered it's time to start scanning again. Which I will do later today or tomorrow. But I already did my 1st test today and getting the image down to 1.8 MB so I could post it on Megadupload is now only a matter of finishing up the issue and setting up an account there.

But here is the real shocker the issue I am scanning is Game Informer Nov 1997 the one with Final Fantasy 7 on the cover.. Will let you know when all is done.

It's waiting for approval...also I had some problems even though I tried to submit a reduced cover scan the damn thing would not upload. I honestly got an error message

Here it is any way http://i769.photobuc...zinedude/01.jpg

Here is something I just noticed today I have the Dec 1990 issue of Game Pro already scanned I am going to try and submit this later this week.

• Retromags Curator

It's actually the September 1997 (issues 53) issue you scanned :P

There are/were some things that need to be fixed before it can be approved. The major thing is that the pages were not cropped and re-sized. And there was no Thank you page at the end. I am going to do that stuff today. The other things I already fixed. I changed the file title to match the other submissions, added the CBR disclaimer to the file description, and added the cover to the cover gallery. Once I upload the issues with the cropped and re-sized pages, the issue will get approved.

I want to openly thank E-Day for helping me. It seems there more to posting a magazine than just submitting it. First of all making sure there are no overscanning, and that the images are clean, not to mention reducing the pixel width to 1600 or less. That is what I am doing with the Dec 1990 issue of Game Pro. I just finished page 27 out of 212. This is going to take awhile. Once this is done of course I have a couple of issues I plan to submit. Also the Myst Guide, I have the PS1 version and I discovered a bug in the game some might find interesting. Once you activate all the switches on the island you and finish the game.

Okay I have been checking this site out and the one thing that honestly surprises me is the more junk I scanned over the years that same stuff isn't here. Namely the stuff added yesterday to the promotional and flyers section and btw I have more things I am going to add. Including this Tower of Druga tip guide I got with one of my Namco Museum discs. It was honestly included. Yet another thing which I still need to add and rescan due to pixel size is the original Garfield Caught in the Act comic book that came with the original Genesis game. The reason most of that stuff is already scanned is because I scanned it sometime back. I am almost done with the Sega Vision another 28 pages to go. I have EGM 54 Jan 1994 scanned I just need to reduce the pixel size and submit that as well. Meanwhile 53 is still in the need to do pile, like my Disney News, newer Game Pros and a few books.

The rest of you can download them now. It seems my girlfriend nearly destroyed everything yesterday. From messing up the links to the stuff I uploaded here to other things that I hope don't get me kicked off of a few forums I also belong to. Right now everything I hope is corrected and E-Day I'll get back to you asap. I have more stuff to correct and that is the reason way. Thankfully my computer did not pick up any viruses, and let me say she isn't my girlfriend any more. What a way to get dumped.

Just submitted Atari Lynx catalog from 1992 it says it's Volume 3 and has Batman on the cover. BTW this one is not even available on the Atari Age site for some reason.

Due to scan size I am going to resubmit Sega Visions 25 as a PDF file

I am planning on submitting EGM issue 53 (I made a mistake earlier when I said 54, which as I recently found out that issue hasn't been scanned just yet) I have to rescale the pages before I submit them, but I do need someones help as I just can't get them straight. Due to a fold out ad on the front cover no less. I need someone here to help me paste 2 or more scans together. It may seem like a simple task but I can't do it. I just can't get them straight.

Game Pro May 1999 is sitting on a table right next to me, as soon as I get Monty Python's Big Red Book scanned I am going to work on it.

Update so I decided to edit this post instead of adding a new one. Since I had no offers and I can't blame anyone. It was Mister Zero here who told me about dropbox.com which is yet another host site I never heard of before, it seems they have no file limit and as long as you keep your account active they will host your file. I will be using that for my larger files very soon. The 1st one I'll correct is Game Pro Dec 1990 soon it will be 1 very large cbr file.