Bablefish's work in progress and etc.

Bablefish

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Retromags Curator

Any way you know that Game Pro is up. Right now I am scanning later issues of EGM ones printed after this site's cut off date. I only make this offer to members here, anyone wishing for a copy of these scans PM me and I'll send you a download link of issues scanned. As the link will not be posted here or on this site.

Please do not do that on this site.

http://www.retromags.com/pages/rules

Here is some good news this site is about to carry Enter Magazine. E-Day had recently agreed to post them on this site. Why is this such BIG news. Enter was a rather unique publication for it's time. Not only did it carry news and reviews of then current console games but computer games and software and hardware as well. The interview with David Crane should of interest to you fans of his. The article is remarkable as it goes in to detail unseen in any other publication period. As well as showing a brand new bit of tech back then....The CD Player. Then there are the programs in BASIC most were created by kids. Some are amazing, keep in mind they are in BASIC but some are very close to some classic games I could mention. I swear any fan of that era will find ever issue remarkable, you will find some stuff you frankly never heard of before. Keep in mind Enter was published between 1983 to 1985 right in the midst of the collapse of the video game and home computer market.

• 3 weeks later...

EGM2 Issue 45 March 1998 submitted. With me and my scans everything gets a bit more complicated the hard drive on my laptop which is my main computer btw, has a relatively small hard drive only 60 GB. I keep the bulk of my main scans and other junk on an 500GB external hard drive. In fact the issue I just submitted was stored on that drive, along with a lot more stuff I have.

I also should be able to send E-Day the link to the last issue of Game Shark Magazine tomorrow, it's 146MB the bulk of that last issue is the IGN 2001 Buyer's Guide. The funny thing about that issue, there is an ad in it for both IGN Insider magazine and Game Shark Magazine. I know for a fact at the time I got that issue and the Game Shark Demo Disc that came with it. That Game Shark Magazine has ceased by then I know this because I called them.

Frankly I am a bit puzzled by your reply call it bad English. You mean either I did not add a cover link or I can never add a cover link, I am unsure which meaning are you talking about . If you mean I can add cover links I could add them from my Photobucket account. But which option do I use, as I know some links don't work on some sites. For example on Atari Age the only way it can show any image is to download it. No other option works for me there.

• Retromags Curator

Frankly I am a bit puzzled by your reply call it bad English. You mean either I did not add a cover link or I can never add a cover link, I am unsure which meaning are you talking about . If you mean I can add cover links I could add them from my Photobucket account. But which option do I use, as I know some links don't work on some sites. For example on Atari Age the only way it can show any image is to download it. No other option works for me there.

I mean that every time you submit a magazine, you never add the link to the cover in the "Link to Screenshot" box just above the Add Submission button. Most of the covers are in the Cover Gallery, including the one for the issue of EGM2 that you submitted (which I added this morning for you). You can also add covers if they are missing.

I didn't write the guides for nothing ;)

And soon more stuff on the way I have a lot of stuff I did not submit yet.

Also I fixed the link to the Sega 1991 new game and warranty thing in the flyers and the promotional section. I tried for 2 days to download it myself but couldn't so I changed online storage sites.

Also I want to ask everyone here if you are having problems with anything that I submitted here. This only applies to stuff found at either 4Shared or Dropbox and you can't download it for any reason PM and I'll see what I can do to fix the problem.