iPad and CBR problems

grendel20

So, I'm running an iPad, with Cloudrunners, to run CBR files. I recently downloaded some old Nintendo Powers, but they don't show up properly (actually, not at all) in Cloudrunner.

I was wondering if anyone else was having this same problem, and if they had a fix. Thanks, mates.

So, I'm running an iPad, with Cloudrunners, to run CBR files. I recently downloaded some old Nintendo Powers, but they don't show up properly (actually, not at all) in Cloudrunner.

I was wondering if anyone else was having this same problem, and if they had a fix. Thanks, mates.

I repack all of my magazines into CBR with WinRAR and I did not have any problems.

Can you post the link to one of mags that you can't open in iPad??

Do you mean cludreader instead of cloudrunner??

cbr should be a renamed rar file, while cbz should be a renamed zip file. Sometimes a zip file gets renamed to cbr instead of cbz. It's usually not an issue with most reader programs, but try to rename the .cbr to .cbz and see if that helps.

That's main reason I repack all of my mags.

I was thinking of getting an iPad in a couple of weeks but am now reconsidering that decision due to the limited storage space on the thing and the difficulty of getting content onto the device when away from a PC. Read that as ... WTF didn't they include a SD card reader in the device? Or .... WTF do they limit the ability to read PDF's etc off the SD camera adapter? Or WTF didn't they include USB/mini-USB? Apple are simply too draconian for my liking and jailbreaking isn't my idea of fun in the event of a warranty issue.

Due to the above I am now considering getting an Acer Tablet simply because it is so much easier to take content with me. And although it may be a 11.6" widescreen LED monitor I'll put up with that limitation for the 250gb HDD storage space which can be easily expanded if required.

Main reason I got iPad was easy of use and very clear and bright/adjustable screen.

I got 64GB and I never had any issues with space. Only problem I have is that if you upload a lot of CBR/CBZ files and try to sync later with iTunes it will take forever to go trough backup as iTune try to backup all CBR/CBZ files every time as they become part of applications?! So you better delete them and reupload them again later.

On the positive side, battery life is great and it is easy to use.

Don't have an iPad myself, but I can recommend Comicbooklover which has a version out for it.

Been using the OS X version myself for almost 2 years now and it's great.

Not sure if FFView work on iPad, otherwise you might want to check that one out as well.

Bonus is that this last one is free.