Do you subscribe to any current gaming magazines?

E-Day

As GamePro magazine continues to disappoint me in its current form, it looks like I am not the only one. I just read the Statement of Ownership, Management and Circulation, which most magazines publish near the end of the year, in the December issue, are not looking too good. According to the Statement, under F. Total Distribution under Extent and Nature of Circulation during the Preceding 12 months, on average they printed 199,781 copies of each issue. 108,150 of those did not get distributed while 91,631 were distributed through subscriptions, request, newsstands, and non-requested copies. It looks like their readership dropped like a stone recently. Hopefully things don't get worse for them. Though I don't like the current magazine, I would be really really sad if it went under.

Curious about some perspective on those numbers. How large was EGM at it's peak for instance? I actually was surprised at that number in that I actually would have guessed a far smaller number. I second the sadness if they went under. How much is a current subscription to the mag?

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have an iPad download the apps for Future PLC's mags ...Official PlayStation (UK), Xbox Official (UK) and so on. They have a "Complete Your collection" offer where you can get all their digital releases from Dec 2009 to the current date for $50. That's 70 plus issues typically. Even though PC Format has been discontinued you can grab their digital back issues as well. Pretty good bargain.

If you have an iPad Pro with 128/256GB storage there's plenty of room for a whole collection :)

• 3 months later...