Nintendo 3DS Details

Junaz

The Nintendo 3DS will be released in Japan on February 26, 2011 with a retail price of 250,000 yen (aprox $300) and Nintendo of America has confirmed, it's release on March 2011. Info from IGN.com. The question is....are you thinking of buying it and why?

I'm 80% sure I will buy it...100% if I have the money at hand on the release date. Basically because of the new experience of playing in 3D...WITHOUT glasses, the graphics are pretty awesome and it will have a LOT of extra features.

• Retromags Curator

I'll definitely be buying it since I love my current DSi. the question is when. If the price is too high, I will not buy it right when it is released. There is only so much I am willing to pay for a portable console. I highly doubt it will be $300 when it comes out here. If it is higher than $250 then Nintendo is making a mistake. Even $200 is a lot for a handheld.

but I will buy it because some of the best games are on handhelds, and the extra features sound like a lot of fun. Plus, of course, the glasses-free 3D.

100% Yes!

I've already had the money set aside for a month or more now just waiting to pay it off on the reserve. I doubt by the time it hits US it will be $300 it will most likely be $249. That price is a conversion from Yen against current exchange rates which is not how they determine a price for other countries. Knowing Nintendo they will want to keep it as low as possible.

Why would I buy it... well I'm a sucker for new technology and Nintendo products.

For me Ridge Racer is a big reason to get it at launch.

Speaking of launch here is a small list of Japanese launch titles:

* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D from Nintendo

* Nintendogs + Cats from Nintendo

* Pilotwings Resort (working title) from Nintendo

* Pro Baseball Spirits from Konami

* Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle from Level 5

* Ridge Racer 3D from Namco Bandai

* Samurai Warriors Chronicle from Tecmo Koei

* Steel Diver from Nintendo

* Super Monkey Ball (working title) from Sega

* Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition from Capcom