Moonwalker Blast from the past!

Junaz

Yesterday there was a local Comic Con in my city, pretty cool, about 400 people go there dressed as comic book, anime, manga, and video game characters selling a lot of collectibles, retro items, new items, basically, I had a lot of fun! One thing that caught my attention was a booth filled with Michael Jackson collectibles, from clothes, figures, music, autographs, and video games....yes that last one really hit me, I saw a 8 year old boy playing Michael Jackson's Moonwalker like it was the only thing that mattered in the world, and for me it was so amazing that I had to see how far he could go. I then noticed that video games have changed a lot, but even though they are so much different and advanced, I can never forget what made me into the video gamer I am today.It is always important to go back to your video game roots from time to time and remember what made you the video gamer you are today.

I was playing Moonwalker over at my brothers house a few months ago and my daughter and nephew were watching me play. Now I've talked about Jackson to my daughter before (they are both about 5 years old each at this time) so I thought maybe by the way he was dressed and the way he danced that she would be able to figure it out so I said, "Hey who is this on the video game?" They both kind of just sat there. I then hinted, "Michael..." and the first thing out of my nephews mouth was "Medved!" That made my day.