Best Horror film to you

Bablefish

• Retromags Curator

If we're talking best horror film of all time, then it's John Carpenter's The Thing. Tense, atmospheric paranoia has never been done better, and Rob Bottin's special effects stand up even to this day. Plus, who can forget that soundtrack with its ominous heartbeat cadence.

If we're talking more recent offerings, then I'm going to go for a toss-up between The Descent and The Mist. :)

*huggles*

Areala

If we're talking best horror film of all time, then it's John Carpenter's The Thing. Tense, atmospheric paranoia has never been done better, and Rob Bottin's special effects stand up even to this day. Plus, who can forget that soundtrack with its ominous heartbeat cadence.

If we're talking more recent offerings, then I'm going to go for a toss-up between The Descent and The Mist. :)

*huggles*

Areala

The Mist had the worst ending ever!!!! Thats the only thing that was special about it, oh and another thing is that the actor that was part of the military (was stabbed and left outside to die) is the model used for Darth Vader's apprentice in The Force Unleashed I and II.

I grew up fearing the clown from the movie "IT"......THAT WAS SOME SCARY CLOWN!!! Don't eat me!!!!

You know as I've gotten older I've slowly and slowly notice that I really don't enjoy horror movies anymore. The only ones that I can enjoy anymore are Zombie flicks. I used to love Freddy or Jason and other slasher type movies but they are just so boring to me now. Saturday the 14th was a great movie and I've not seen it since the 80's and I'd love to see if it's still as good as I remember. So anyway I guess 28 Days Later is probably my favorite horror movie.

To me it's gotta be the Evil Dead series, I have to go with the series cause it's hard to pick the best one. The films have tons of gore, but also humor laced in for good effect. Bruce Campbell is just great as Ash, the special effects are great, and the atmosphere is just great. Overall it was an easy choice for me, if you haven't seen the films check them out.

*huggles*

Areala

Frak yeah .... The Thing is still great to this day. I took my girlfriend of the day to that one when it came out. When the dogs face split open I grabbed her arm at which point she jumped out of her seat screaming like a banshee causing everyone around her to go off as well. I had to grab her as she just about went over the balcony railing (it was an old 2 story cinema) but I couldn't save her icecream which landed on a guy below. LOL

Then there's Alien ... that was cool scary too. The airduct scene was creepy in the same vein.