VLC Player

tubmanaxton

Hey guys,

what media players do you use? I used VLC player for quite a while but I got bored of it and want to try new things since i'm such a geek :) Here's the link to vlc player download page if somebody doesn't know what it is. First of download the newest version from the vlc player download page or use the update option in VLC. My player used to crash too back in the day but everything got fixed with a simple reinstall.

VLC Player Download

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I use VLC most of the time to play videos and flac music.

BluRays require something like Power DVD or Total Media Theater to hear True HD Sound.

3 Years ago I used Nero Showtime. It can be found on Nero 6 and 7 I believe but Nero has since bloated their software and eliminated Showtime in favor of Nero Media Hub. It's way to much like Windows Media Player which I NEVER use.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Retromags Curator

I know you can't use VLC to play DVDs but you can use it to play the VOB files on those DVDs

Actually, you can use VLC Player to play DVDs. VLC is the default player on my computer and it starts up any time I put in a DVD. There isn't much that program can't play.

• 1 year later...