Need some help with downloads....

runback22

Sorry if this is a noob question. I want to download some EGM issues. When i click on a mag, it will usually say the file size is 53.00k or something like that. However, when it takes me to mega upload to download it, the download is over 200megs. Am I doing something wrong or is every mag that size?

• Retromags Curator

Sorry if this is a noob question. I want to download some EGM issues. When i click on a mag, it will usually say the file size is 53.00k or something like that. However, when it takes me to mega upload to download it, the download is over 200megs. Am I doing something wrong or is every mag that size?

you aren't doing anything wrong. Because we can no longer host files locally, we had to move them to MegaUpload. Because of that, the file size field doesn't/can't list the proper file size. Just ignore the file size on the download page since the one on the MegaUpload page is accurate :)

I am going to see if I can remove the file size field on the download page.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Retromags Curator

How much does a member need to donate to get better downloading privileges?

Donations are not accepted here for that kind of thing. 5 per day is the maximum number of downloads for Members. The only time donations are accepted is to help pay for the hosting costs of the site, and there are no perks or special treatment for those that donate other than keeping the site around.

Do I need a certain amount of posts to download magazines

One post gets you one download per day. Once you hit 25 posts and become a regular Member, you get 5 downloads a day. Once everything moves to newsgroups, there will no longer be direct downloads from the site, there the only limit on downloads will be whether you have newsgroups access or not.

• 5 weeks later...

Donations are not accepted here for that kind of thing. 5 per day is the maximum number od downloads for Members. The only time donations are accepted is to help pay for the hosting costs of the site, and there are no perks or special treatment for those that donate other than keeping the site around.

One post gets you one download per day. Once you hit 25 posts and become a regular Member, you get 5 downloads a day. Once everything moves to newsgroups, there will no longer be direct downloads from the site, there the only limit on downloads will be whether you have newsgroups access or not.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...