Sign in to follow this  
Junaz

Kinect Central!

The Kinect is arriving today November 4th, who is planing on buyint it???

If yes...which games? and what do you think of it??

If no...Why not? and what do you think of it?

The IT guy at work bought it. I was in his office and he just opened his drawer and I saw it sitting there. Personally I was originally very excited but vie had a change of heart..

After seeing what it can do on several videos at Kotaku, I am just as excited about it now as I was when it was first announced last year.

Me too! I think I'm getting it on Black friday...yeah...that jungle

Dance Central looks pretty cool, and I hope some more Kinect games are lauched soon....the library right now isn't really thet good

Next year I will be venturing from the safety of Canada and crossing the border to revel in Black Friday and hopefully find something awesome.

It looks neat to me, but I'm not sold. I just read an article about how it only really recognizes a few generic motions- basically a wiimote with more range. I won't be buying, at least not until I can make the character mimic obscene gestures on-screen. ;D

The games look fun though!

Okay, today I played Kinect adventures and Dance Central today!! I loved it!! If you play it with friends....it's super fun! I am 100% sure that the Kinect has great potencial for the futere and 110% sure that I'm going to buy it. Recommended!

It looks neat to me, but I'm not sold. I just read an article about how it only really recognizes a few generic motions- basically a wiimote with more range. I won't be buying, at least not until I can make the character mimic obscene gestures on-screen. ;D

The games look fun though!

I think what it does and does not recognize is determined by the programming of each individual game and application. The same way some Wii games have motion controls that really work well and some don't work at all.

Comparing the two is a bit silly since they aren't really the same thing. I mean, has anyone hacked the Eye Toy to be a 3D Radar?

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/kinect_hacked_3d_radar

Kinect is a bit more sophisticated than the Eye Toy. And apart from the console bundles, it's been sold out in all the stores near my house.

I'm not saying that Kinect isn't more advanced. I just have a problem with Microsoft "inventing" things and pretending they were the first one to come up with the idea. Not that Sony isn't guilty too with their Move basically replicating the Wiimote but with a distracting colored bulb on the controller.

I don't remember them saying they invented anything, but it does far more than the EyeToy does. Anyhow, it's impressive as hell and selling like hotcakes.