Nintendo Maps made from screen shots from the games

snesmaster

Hi, I run a website at: http://www.nesmaps.com

I make labeled and background maps for many NES games including Zelda, Super Mario Bros., Metroid, Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior, Contra and many others. So far I have maps for about 40 NES games on my site. In addition to maps, I also have many sprites and animated sprites for NES games. I also sell posters of maps for anyone looking to decorate their game room.

If you check out my site let me know what you think of the maps, and if you have any suggestions.

• Retromags Curator

Hi, I run a website at: http://www.nesmaps.com

I make labeled and background maps for many NES games including Zelda, Super Mario Bros., Metroid, Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior, Contra and many others. So far I have maps for about 40 NES games on my site. In addition to maps, I also have many sprites and animated sprites for NES games. I also sell posters of maps for anyone looking to decorate their game room.

If you check out my site let me know what you think of the maps, and if you have any suggestions.

Two words: friggin' sweet! :)

These are amazing, snesmaster. Top-notch work all around! :)

@SchlossRitter - He already is a contributor there. Check for anything created by "Rick Bruns". :)

*huggles*

Areala

Wow that takes time. I've tried to do that before back during the Tapwave Zodiac days for Tony Hawks but I quickly lost interest it was too difficult. The only other time I tried this was for Golden Ax Warrior for SMS but you have taken this to a whole new level.

Yea, it takes a while. It took me a couple months to get all the Super Mario Bros. maps done, and that was putting in a average of 4 hours a day. Other games with fewer areas don't take as long. Like Skate or Die I was able to do in 2 days. The SNES games take the longest since they have multiple layers to worry about, and there are no SNES emulators I know of that have a built in Name Table Viewer, so I have to use a separate program to capture all the images and sprites. That's why I have a lot more NES maps done then SNES maps.

Thanks for the complements Warrior Nun.

I noticed in the "Extras" part of this site, there is a links section. Would there be any way to add a link to http://www.nesmaps.com as I'm sure people who are checking out retro gaming magazines would also be interested in retro gaming maps. Also I can add a link to this site from mine.

I have all the old Nintendo Power Magazines. I often use them as resources when mapping games. However this site has made my life much easier. It is way more convenient to view PDFs of the magazines then to actually did out the physical copies.

• Retromags Curator

Thanks for the complements Warrior Nun.

I noticed in the "Extras" part of this site, there is a links section. Would there be any way to add a link to http://www.nesmaps.com as I'm sure people who are checking out retro gaming magazines would also be interested in retro gaming maps. Also I can add a link to this site from mine.

You're welcome. And your wish is my command - link submitted. :)

*huggles*

Areala

Thanks, that interactive Zelda Overworld map is the single map on that site that took the most time to create.

I just put a link from nesmaps.com to this site since I find it to be such a great resource. I also just finished making overworld maps for Dragon Warrior III along with sprites of all the enemies.

I do sell posters on my site. They are printed on high quality glossy paper and are rolled up and shipped in tubes so there are no fold marks. If you see a map on my site that you want a poster for that is not in the store just let me know and I can make a custom poster for you. You can view the posters I currently have available at:

http://www.nesmaps.com/nesmapsstore.html

Oh man, I didn't realize you have the Zelda 2nd quest map. I've still not beaten that and the map will be a HUGE help.

Those posters look so good and it helps that they're on high quality paper. I know where I'm heading if I need a map on my wall.

I guess I didn't even realize just how useful your site is. I can really see your dedication and love for the project.

I did realize a small nit-pick, though. You misspelled 'Enemies.'

• 1 year later...