Final word on DS Lite

DealBot

Why buy a DS Lite if you already have a DS? Brighter screen, better battery life, and all in a smaller sleeker package. Also, if you keep your original DS you can play 2 player single cart games with your friends who don't have a DS.

And to say that GBA SP was just a stunt indicates to me that you never played on one of those systems. The contrast and brightness on the latest GBA SPs (with brighter screens) are simply amazing. It's great to be able to play every gameboy title ever released on a compact system with a clear bright screen. Even the original GBA SP (with frontlit LCD screen) was a big step up from the original GBA in its compactness and clarity.

It seems that your opinion is that the only aspect of portable system design that is important is the game processor and that the display quality doesn't matter at all.

MBJ: Oh my god can you not be more true! Now grant you, I will say that the DS to DS Lite is not quite the drastic transformation that the GBA to GBA SP was. That was fold-up over just handheld, and lit screen over no lit screen, so the difference was ten fold. I played the heck out of my GBA SP but never played by GBA due to how hard it was to play unless you had perfect light.

That said, I want a DS Lite for the reason you said .... to make it easier to play two player games, cause the brighter screen DOES made a difference outdoors, and due to some better battery life.

I don't need it as badly as I wanted an SP (which I bought on launch weekend), but I do want it.

That said, I want a DS Lite for the reason you said .... to make it easier to play two player games, cause the brighter screen DOES made a difference outdoors, and due to some better battery life.

I agree on the outdoor play! I have a wireless router so now I can sit in my yard and play Tetris or Mario Kart online. Ten years ago I wouldn't have imagined such a thing. That being said, it's so hot right now that I just play inside anyway. :lol:

Mario DS , Mario Kart DS , Tetris DS , Castlevania DS

There is absolutly no reason you shouldnt own a DS right now

I'm actually looking forward to some of those brain games and Harvestmoon, :fear: can't help it, I like farming games :laughing:

I also like the fact that that the DS lets you play GBA games on a bright screen with stereo sound and slightly more comfortable controls.

I actually wasn't a DS early adopter myself. I got one in March in anticipation of Tetris and New SMB. This fall should see some more cool releases for the system too with Starfox DS, Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Yoshi's Island 2, and the DS web browser.

:wub:DS :wub: