I won a Gamepro Contest

Junaz

Hey guys, I got this email today from Gamepro,

Congratulations Julio P!

You're a winner of the GamePro-IDC online survey on console video gaming that was conducted late last year. That means you were one of the top 15 most accurate respondents out of 700+ entries (not in the top 3 though).

Still, you're taking home a $25 Amazon.com Gift Card as a result. I just need to confirm you got this message and I'll send you out the digital prize link later this week. A press release about the results is going out today in which you're mentioned, too. Nice work - you've got gaming street cred in spades in my book! Happy new year and thanks again for your participation,

-Lewis

I don't remember what were the first 3 prizes but I'll let you know.

Even though it's not that big of a prize, I'm so happy right now!! XD

God job! Now you can use that gift card to buy a subscription to their magazine and help keep them afloat!

LOL! No worries, my subscription ends in like a year...I would subscribe again, I starting to like some of their ideas. It's still nothing compared to the original Gamepro, but I still have some hope.

If I were you I'd keep an eye for those fantastic re-subscription deals Amazon do where a whole year is only $10 or so then grab multiple mag subscriptions. Then you're supporting multiple publications. They did one of those a while ago for Nintendo Power and several others but I couldn't get them because it was limited to continental USA...... dammit!!!

• Retromags Curator

LOL! No worries, my subscription ends in like a year...I would subscribe again, I starting to like some of their ideas. It's still nothing compared to the original Gamepro, but I still have some hope.

Did you get the March issue yet wit hthe new logo and World of Warcraft on the cover? The cover reminds me of the new Gamefan magazine. Maybe GamePro should target the younger audience again as well as the "casual" audience. There are enough magazine targeting traditional gamers, and most of them already get all their info online. The so-called "casual" player won't tend to do that. So if you catch their eye on the newsstand, you get them involved and loyal to your magazine.

Oh yeah, and if you are getting a subscription still, it is now your duty to scan the covers of the new issues for the Cover Gallery since I didn't renew my subscription :)

Did you get the March issue yet wit hthe new logo and World of Warcraft on the cover? The cover reminds me of the new Gamefan magazine. Maybe GamePro should target the younger audience again as well as the "casual" audience. There are enough magazine targeting traditional gamers, and most of them already get all their info online. The so-called "casual" player won't tend to do that. So if you catch their eye on the newsstand, you get them involved and loyal to your magazine.

Oh yeah, and if you are getting a subscription still, it is now your duty to scan the covers of the new issues for the Cover Gallery since I didn't renew my subscription :)

No I haven't seen it, I'll let you know when it arrives...and which are the mayor changes. I'd be happy to scan the covers :)

If I were you I'd keep an eye for those fantastic re-subscription deals Amazon do where a whole year is only $10 or so then grab multiple mag subscriptions. Then you're supporting multiple publications. They did one of those a while ago for Nintendo Power and several others but I couldn't get them because it was limited to continental USA...... dammit!!!

I it's limited to continental US then I', not elligeble either....from Puerto Rico! But I've got something in mind...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How can anyone be "accurate" when giving their opinions for a survey? Since they're just opinions and a survey...?

It wasn't just my opinion, It is basic statistics math (I take take lot of classes related to this) and since I have an idea of what is going to be popular and what won't based on what I have read and seen, it boots up my luck :Yahooo: