I Need Help With Megaupload

Retroguy

I seem to be having technical difficulties. I usually download the mags two or three at a time, and today I was trying to download Nintendo Power issue 69 but megaupload wouldn't let me. It said I already had a download in progress, but I didn't. Before that, I was trying to download the issue but got an error message saying the download timed out. I reloaded the page to try agsin (which has always worked before) and that's when the trouble started. Am I doing something wrong or is megaupload just acting up today?

• Retromags Curator

The problem is MegaUpload. Those kinds of sites are not very reliable. Even having an account, I can almost never upload through a browser or their MegaManager program. I have to use FileUploader to do so. Lke Babelfish says, waiting is generally the only solution.

Well ... I haven't had any issues with Megaupload using Megamanager to upload files. The thing is .... who do you expect to pay for secondary mirrors? Everyone seems to want to get mags for free but not many front up with contributions and money for hosting isn't any different. Donations were pulled from here and weren't that great anyway from memory.

Phillyman purchased an MU account for RM and E-Day inherited it. I personally purchased an MU account and have been using it to host the PDF content here and now over at OGM. I also have a Hotfile account and a Rapidshare account but I am terminating those due to higher costs than Megaupload and in the case of Rapidshare because of archaic "If a file isn't downloaded in 60 days we are automatically deleting it" restrictions.

At some point the costs to E-Day and I become too much when you also take into account the purchase of scanners (in my case an A3 scanner), hosting costs for websites and also file hosting if we have to pay for additional hosts just because there are occasional issues with Megaupload.