• Retromags Curator

Offhand, I'd say my favorite game soundtracks are, in no particular order:

-- Dragon Warrior IV (NES)

-- Final Fantasy IV (SNES)

-- Final Fantasy VI (SNES)

-- Secret of Mana (SNES)

-- Parasite Eve (PSX)

-- Revelations: Persona (PSX)

-- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PSX)

-- Final Fantasy Legend II (GB)

-- Silent Hill 2 (PS2)

-- Silent Hill 3 (PS2)

Nailing down favorites for me is very difficult; I own well over 100 soundtracks for games, and what I want to listen to changes with my mood, but if I had to limit myself to 10, those are the ones I'd pick. :)

*huggles*

Areala

I've always loved the music in Super Metroid and Street Fighter 2.

I'm playing Fallout 3 at the moment and I really like all the old song's that are played on Galaxy News Radio, especially the Billie Holiday song and also that song by the Ink Spots. :)

• 2 months later...
  • Retromags Curator

I think the Sonic the Hedgehog series is my favourite, though it will depend on when I am listening to it. There is so much great game music, it's hard for me to single out some that is my absolute favourite. Though I will say I am very partial to 16-bit music.

• 1 month later...

Though I would have once said just about anything from Square in the SNES era, I've actually gotten slightly tired of them from years of repeated listening. Now, I pretty much dig whatever I'm listening to at the moment on my extensive playlist spanning from NES to PS2.

One possibly lesser known soundtrack of note that still gets me amped is from the SNES game called Vortex. It's a SuperFX game that was pretty much ignored with its possibly too high of difficulty (I've never gotten past the first stage), but the soundtrack is full of great bass beats that I had no idea the SNES was capable of before then.

(go 6 minutes or so in for sound test)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...