retro pc games magazines

weegan

Hi,

First time user to forum sites.

The reason i joined is because i have to old magazines and cant find anything about them (googled no results).

they are UK magazines from 1994 and are:

1) pc games issue 1 june/july 1994 - according to the welcome note inside it says ' a few months ago a magazine appeared called WHAT PC GAMES, it was only intended to be a one off special, but so positive was the response that the powers that be decided to do it again on a bi monthly basis, the result is this magazine

2) pc power issue 7 july 94

Just wondered if anyone had heard of them, or if pc games made any more after issue 1 (heard of pc gamer)

many thanks

weegan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure PC Games went for more than 13 issues because I subscribed for several years. The last issue was sometime around 1998 because after that my subscription was converted into PC Gamer, which I received for about a year.

That's interesting to know because i've only ever seen the first 13 issues on Ebay. The issue 13 i'm looking at now declares that they were going to miss a month and come back with a new exciting look. To be honest I just assumed they never did (Future promised the same with Arcade magazine and that never came back!). You say your subscription converted to PC Gamer, I assume that means that Future Publishing took it over at some point then, as it was an EMAP magazine.

That's interesting to know because i've only ever seen the first 13 issues on Ebay. The issue 13 i'm looking at now declares that they were going to miss a month and come back with a new exciting look. To be honest I just assumed they never did (Future promised the same with Arcade magazine and that never came back!). You say your subscription converted to PC Gamer, I assume that means that Future Publishing took it over at some point then, as it was an EMAP magazine.

I think I was mistaken. I didn't realize this was for the UK version. I was referring to the US version.