Nintendo's Next Console, "Project Café"

• Retromags Curator

So what are people's initial thoughts on Nintendo's next console, which they confirmed would be shown at E3 and out next June. Lots of rumors swirling around, from having a Blu-ray drive and being more powerful than the 360 and PS3, to a controller with a 6" touch screen built-in and still having motion controls.

Tons of rumors, but it will be interesting to see what they come up with, because lately Nintendo has come up with some pretty interesting and innovative consoles lately.

All I can say is I can't wait till E3!!!!

My problem is I go back to school this autumn and will not have time to play hardly any video games or money to buy them for the next few years. Maybe I can get my family to buy it for me as a Christmas present :P

Whatever Nintendo does is interesting and I hope I can watch a few of the presentations at E3 this June 7 Tuesday morning at 2 am when it starts here.

The Wii was a bit slower in overall power of the machines compared to Microsoft and Sony's competing devices.

I think the New Nintendo console won't be bleeding edge technology but more of an overall upgrade.

The Wii 2 will be bumped up from 720P to 1080P with a new series of graphics chips that can produce more detail at higher framerate as well as being energy efficient thus cooler.

Nintendo will likely press their own HD Disks but I could also be wrong. They'll probably do something wacky.

To me, Nintendo is pressing more era-appropriate consoles than the other companies, who are basically stuck in the old rut. I mean, touch screens, motion controls, 3D visuals and creative titles say "2011" to me than just the same old format controllers and only updated graphics. Nintendo could use a better online experince this time around, but other than that I think they'll keep pushing innovative, imaginitive consoles and I can't wait to see what's next. I only hope they get more real companies on board to create good titles and move away from all the shovelware.

I most likely will be done buying consoles with this generation, but if Nintendo can do something that amazes me, I might just bite.

Hey Thor before I forget my 3DS friend code is 1246-8719-2690

Related to Project Cafè, I think it will be a little more powerful than the 360 and PS3, also, the idea of streaming full games to the controller is not a bad idea, Imagine yourself playing a FPS with friends, no splitscreen that way no one can cheat by looking at your screen, but that idea alone is not something that can change the way we play home console games. That is always Nintendo's goal, light guns(SNES Duck Hunt), instruments (miracle piano SNES),using a camera to play(Gameboy), wireless controllers(N64), rumble feature(N64), microphone (N64 Hey You Pikachu), Touch screen gaming (DS), Motion controls (Wii), Glasses free 3D (3DS) everyone else rarely comes out with new ideas, they just upgrade Nintendo's (with a few exceptions [360's achievement system....way to go Microsoft]). So I just know that Nintendo will not disappoint.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hey Thor before I forget my 3DS friend code is 1246-8719-2690

Related to Project Cafè, I think it will be a little more powerful than the 360 and PS3, also, the idea of streaming full games to the controller is not a bad idea, Imagine yourself playing a FPS with friends, no splitscreen that way no one can cheat by looking at your screen, but that idea alone is not something that can change the way we play home console games. That is always Nintendo's goal, light guns(SNES Duck Hunt), instruments (miracle piano SNES),using a camera to play(Gameboy), wireless controllers(N64), rumble feature(N64), microphone (N64 Hey You Pikachu), Touch screen gaming (DS), Motion controls (Wii), Glasses free 3D (3DS) everyone else rarely comes out with new ideas, they just upgrade Nintendo's (with a few exceptions [360's achievement system....way to go Microsoft]). So I just know that Nintendo will not disappoint.

My friends work at IGN and they do reviews for all the upcoming Nintendo stuff, games and consoles, so maybe I can juice them for some info on the next hot commodity.