Ubisoft on Wii vs. Original Xbox

DealBot

that is funny... considering the low power of the wii. nintendo is not a specs kinda company... they're more after, i dunno, QUALITY!!! INNOVATION!!! microsoft and sony talk about specs and graphics WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much, and yet the xbox isn't as good as wii... even the old xbox SHOULD be better than wii... wii not for computing like xbox, but gaming like ANYTHING GOOD!!!

*COUGH*post whore*COUGH* :P

LOL ... yeah, it's fine to get to 100 however you need to, but c'mon, QUALITY. :)

Also, good to run into you in the comments at pleasuredome.org.uk ... I sense we are both rom and CD file collectors, I know for sure I am. You have a real Turbo system to play the games on?

Anyways, the Wii and XBox are both great systems for different reasons. We can only of course comment on what we THINK the Wii will be all about until it's out there for sure, but I'm sure devs will get plenty out of the system when it hits. Remember, Metroid Prime and Resident Evil 4 look better then almost anything the XBox ever put out, and the Gamecube was comparatively very underpowered.

Since the Wii is supposed to use filters, somewhat like what emulators use to make graphics look better. Processing power can't really be used to compare it to other consoles. I think we have to wait for actual games to be reviewed.

• 2 months later...

people really need to stop trying to campare the different game systems. each one is a great unit in its own right. they all have exclusive games (which was enough in itself for me to get an xbox, ps2 and gamecube), completely different styled controllers, different price ranges, all of which really makes it just a matter of personal preference. the gamecube was obviously targeted towards a younger generation of gamers (as with most previous nintendo systems). the wii, as stated by nintendo, is geared for the more casual, less traditional gamer and the hardcore gamer both. the playstation and xbox series have tended to target more serious gamers. almost all major third party periphreals, such as steering wheels and DDR pads, have been released for all the consoles. so really, i don't see where one console is better than the others, it all is just a personal preference.