Sign in to follow this  
Areala

Twisted Metal

Retromags Presents!

Twisted Metal

gallery_8883_37_1061.jpg

gallery_8883_37_198199.jpg

Do you have other variations of this advertisement? Feel free to submit them in this thread!

Conversations about this game or advertisement are also welcome in this thread :)

I thought this game looked cool, but then I discovered Carmageddon. C2 is still one of my favorite car combat games ever (mostly due to it not relying on weapons).

This and part 2 were tied for my favorite twisted metal games. The statue of liberty secret made me laugh when i saw it.

Twisted Metal was the first disc I popped into my brand new PSX on Christmas morning in 1995 and I don't think it came out for the next week.  My brother and I were blown away with the game and it surpassed all the expectations I had built up in my mind after spending the previous few months reading about it in the various game magazines.  The only downside was that when my folks bought a second controller for the system, they went with a crappy 3rd party controller so whoever was stuck being "player two" ended up with rather sore thumbs from its terrible design.

did someone say Twisted Metal? :D

i love this game! it was good game to play. i have all 4 of them. but never play Small Brawl

however, first game don't have Axel. he appears in the sequels only even PS2's Twisted Metal Black and Head-On

My friend rented a PS1 with TM and brought it over which was my first exposure to both. Shortly after when I realized I needed a PS1 of my own I learned TM2 was available so it was one of my first few games (and I still have it). I didn't care for the changes in 3 and 4 but the series returned to form with Black and the last version for PS3. It's a shame it didn't catch on because I hate to think it's the end of the franchise.

My friend rented a PS1 with TM and brought it over which was my first exposure to both. Shortly after when I realized I needed a PS1 of my own I learned TM2 was available so it was one of my first few games (and I still have it). I didn't care for the changes in 3 and 4 but the series returned to form with Black and the last version for PS3. It's a shame it didn't catch on because I hate to think it's the end of the franchise.

don't know that someone rented a PS1 console! from Rent A Center?at least you own it

i never rent any consoles however i rented some games for Genesis, Super NES and PS1 beside the games that i owned but not anymore

¿Do you think the game design of Twisted Metal could have been done in a Super Nes?

The problem with the adversitement with Twisted Metal is that it focused in a local region, in this case Los Angels. Then if you dont live in L.A you don't care.

Twisted Metal pulled off some great marketing.  Even though that game is violent and dark, I find it funny that the PvP game style is very similar to PvP in Mario Kart.