Sign in to follow this  
Areala

Secret of Evermore

Retromags Presents!

Secret of Evermore

gallery_8883_24_339604.jpg

gallery_8883_24_87617.jpg

Do you have other variations of this advertisement? Feel free to submit them in this thread!

Conversations about this game or advertisement are also welcome in this thread :)

One of these days I will have to give this game a fair chance. After playing Secret of Mana I wanted this game so bad and I was let down because I thought it was a sequel to Mana.

Secret of Evermore wasn't one of the most popular titles of the time, but was certainly worth playing.  You bump into Cecil from Final Fantasy IV (he is running a weapons shop) and travel around different eras in human history.  I really enjoyed running around the market tracking down the items that the philosopher sent you on a wild goose chase for...I may be mixing up that memory a little.

i liked SoE more than secret of mana. The music is really awesome. Great job Jeremy Soule!

The levels/worlds were fun and they had nice secrets to find. 

This is one of my favorite games of all time :) I remember having some old poster from 1994? from a videogame store close to where I used to live. I'll try and dig it up and post a shot if I find it.

I remember reading about SE toying with the idea of a remake/sequel back in 2005, anyone got a clue what happened to that? I can't seem to find anything about it.

I have no idea why this game was hated when it came out. It is at the very least as good as Secret of Mana was. The graphics are certainly better than Mana's and most people back then were graphics-whores anyway (the ad itself in the OP even makes it a note to mention that the game has 'rendered graphics' as a feature).

I haven't had the privilege of playing this game yet, but my friend told me about one of the biggest differences from Secret of Mana was the two player aspect. I found a patch that allows for two players, has anyone tried this before? Does it work well?