Hd/data Recovery Software.....

Guest 420

My comp crashed this morning, I left the room while it was restarting, when I returned some time later it was just finishing doing some autorepair on one of my HDs. Now when I try to access my drive "I" it tells me that it is not formatted...would I like to format now?...FU*K!

This is a 250GB external holding all of my comics,books,and magazine scans.....and the drive is full....and many of these things I am the only one who had copys.....years of work... :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

This is not the first HD I have lost. I was hacked once and they managed to screw up the bootsector of one of my drives while adding a partition. That time I found some good forensic software and recovered most of my data (I still lost over 400 music videos). I am going over all of my backup disks and I can't seem to find the software I used before. Does anyone have anything I can use or any software recomendations? :please:

I've used OnTrack EasyRecovery Pro in the past. I was able to get a whole helluva lot of pictures and fonts from my downed HD, but any bad sectors resulted in corrupted files.

Worth a shot, nonetheless.

Thanks for the recomendation, I am grabbing OnTrack EasyRecovery Pro now.

GetDataBack was recommended to me on another fourm and I have that running now (3 hours to go). If it can't get everything I'll be running OnTrack next.

I've been very lucky in this sense. The only hard drive I have had crash recently was a 100 gig that was the biggest available when I got it, of course just out of warranty, that crashed about a month and a half ago, and I was at least able to get about 70% of what was on the drive off before it died fully.

I am saving most of my magazines right now using R-Studio (Atari Age seems to be lost :( ) but this is a slow process and I have over 200GB of comics to try and save, this is gonna be a long couple weeks for me....

R-Studio?

I also asked for help on the google forum and a member responded...

R-Studio is the best one for data recovery.

Since it's not free I will pm you the link where you can download the full version.

Trust me, it's the best one

It is working great, getting 98% of the files (my Atari Age edits seem lost)

Right now I need to get another HD to move files to. The bad drive is 250GB and I only had 60GB free on my good drives so I'm outta space.

If anyone needs the link I can pass it on...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I think all the data recovery software works on the same principle. If you pick up the software and it does provide the recovery then that utility is the hero as it has save our work worth million dollar.

For instance I would say my hero is Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery Software as I picked this utility to recover my missing data and it did convince me recovering almost 100% of stuff.

But have we ever though of on what principle these software work.

If any body know then please share with us.

• 1 month later...

I had a problem like that when i lost my vista boot. i partitioned my drive in orther to install xp on the second drive but that messed up things. I had to do a clean install of vista.

Ived tryed lots of soft but the one that worked better was file scanvenger. it will take you lots of hours to do a search (deep search) but youll get everything back(as long as you don throug new stuff on the drive lige other data). Be prepared to have a pen drive handy so you can transfer the files back to the pen and not to the hard drive again.

Ha... actually I had this happen to me a year or two back and I lost all my Nintendo Power but I've got most of them back again now. Of course I lost a lot more than that but the NP was what I really was upset about since it was not backed up... which reminds me... I have not backed up what I've got seeding right now.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...