Is It Just Another Fad?

Blazer

For some god forsaken reason I spent part of the afternoon at the mall,I saw about ten diffrent items with retro nintendo designs. All were over priced and looked like crap. why can't I find cool stuff and not feel like I've been ripped off.

I did find a couple of band shirts , so it wasn't a complete loss :Yahooo:

Well ... the store I work for sells a lot of Video Game themed shirts, but they don't have an online store yet.

Call 'em up at 513-777-5740 or e-mail them at pixel@gamejunkie and inquire about what shirts they have, Stephen there will ship.

As for the other items, I've just bought them as I saw them. I even see some game themed shirts at Target very affordably, like in the $11 range.

Retrogaming may be a fad for some but I know that I have always been into the classics. If the newest generation of gamers (say those born in the late 1990s) are getting into the classics then that would really be interesting but I get the sense that most of the interest in retrogamng is coming from those who played these games when they were growing up and the games were new. The value of nostalgia is not to be underestimated.

Nintendo has made some statements about their intention to create new simple yet addictive games like those of the 8 bit era using the virtual console feature on the Wii. To me this sounds like they believe that Retrogaming is more than just a fad and that the reason that people love the older games is that the simpler play mechanics really did make for a better gaming experience.