next generation magazine

milhouse

I have a decent collection of NG. Really impressed with the wit of the writers, and it's a blast to read all their comments about the advancement of 3D. The issues I've got are mainly around the early 00's before it ended, with a bunch of single issues going back to '96. Eventually I'll start scanning them.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a decent collection of NG. Really impressed with the wit of the writers, and it's a blast to read all their comments about the advancement of 3D. The issues I've got are mainly around the early 00's before it ended, with a bunch of single issues going back to '96. Eventually I'll start scanning them.

Would you happen to have any of the CDs that came with those issues, by any chance?

• 1 month later...

I have a full set of Next Gens (I used to work there), and I know people who have all the CDs. It's kind of a pain to scan because it doesn't fit on a cheapo scanner. I'm still trying to track down the CDs of the Quark Files which *may* still exist, but probably don't.

That's why I purchased a Brother MFC-6890CDW. It was/is the cheapest way to get A3 scanning capability and it makes it way, way easier scanning those whacky oversized mags that Future Publishing put out there (I'm thinking NGC magazine here as I have scanned a heap of them and some are just huge!!) The scanner may not be up there specs wise but no-one has complained about my mag scans so it must be okay.

That's why I purchased a Brother MFC-6890CDW. It was/is the cheapest way to get A3 scanning capability and it makes it way, way easier scanning those whacky oversized mags that Future Publishing put out there (I'm thinking NGC magazine here as I have scanned a heap of them and some are just huge!!) The scanner may not be up there specs wise but no-one has complained about my mag scans so it must be okay.

I will look into that, thanks!