Sign in to follow this  
MBJ

Matt Damon May Play Young Captain Kirk

According to an article I read today, J. J. Abrams, who produced TV's Lost and Alias is helming the next Star Trek feature film. It's supposed to be a prequel with may focus on Kirk and Spock's years in Starfleet Academy. Abrams has his eye on Matt Damon to play the young Captain Kirk.

Any other Trekkies in the house?

Matt Damon is a great candidate for the role. I'm glad they are giving Star Trek another chance, after Enterprise failed IMO.

Looks like they would be focusing at the movie for the moment. maybe if it became a big hit they will continue on and make star trek starfleet academy tv series.

if it makes a lot of money of course they will keep on making it. are you suggesting that paramount drop star trek one of their big money makers?

I never thought Star Trek was interesting. Just saw them as little men dressed up in dumb outfits. Never got hooked on the show. Thought the acting was bad and the plot, was just terribly. But some people do like those shows I guess.