Does Anybody Clean Their Keyboard?

Blazer

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

i clean my keyboards every few months. i even remove each key and brush it with soap and water, dry it before putting it back. you find all sorts of dirt under the keys. the "dog hairs" you found might not be dog hair(maybe rat hair?) or other fibers that might have stucked in your clothes

Speaking of keyboards, anybody here encountered ants inside their keyboard? i used a couple of cheap keyboards before and after a while i notice that some keys would not work properly. when i removed the keys i found out a lot of ants were chewing away the rubber underneath the keys. i had no choice but to replace the keyboard.

Speaking of keyboards, anybody here encountered ants inside their keyboard? i used a couple of cheap keyboards before and after a while i notice that some keys would not work properly. when i removed the keys i found out a lot of ants were chewing away the rubber underneath the keys. i had no choice but to replace the keyboard.

LOL those must have been some strong ants.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

My cat used to sleep on my desk behind my keyboard, so you can imagine the disgusting amount of cat hair I found when I cleaned this baby. I popped all the keys off and everything for that clean-up, but usually a can of compressed air does the trick quite well.

Keyboards can get pretty dirty, you can't really get them clean without popping off the keys, vacuums and compressed air can only do so much but that'll probably just trap the dust under the actual key.

If I didn't have a Logitech G15 I would probably just say screw it and get a $10 cheapy every time it got dirty. The G15 is worth cleaning, though, I can press W, D, and E at the same time without my system beeping, and each key registers.

• 1 month later...