Game Room/ Collection Section

MrUppercut

Well let's see how the mods here feel about this topic.

So just to kinda start things off, I'll just put a pic here of one of my more obscure systems.

The picture size is 800x600. Is there a perhaps a size restriction?

The console system is the Radofin 1292 "Programmable Video System"

It's a mid '70's console.

Interesting fact is that it was produced by different companies and sold with a host of different model no's and names. But essentially all the different variants are software compatible.

So I found this at a local garage sale. It came loose (no box or paperwork) but it was/is in pretty good nick and all the cartridges work just fine.

Interesting is that some of the games had controller overlays. I'm thinking this must have been one of the first ever systems to use overlays for the games?

foyv5.jpg

Well let's see how the mods here feel about this topic.

So just to kinda start things off, I'll just put a pic here of one of my more obscure systems.

The picture size is 800x600. Is there a perhaps a size restriction?

The console system is the Radofin 1292 "Programmable Video System"

It's a mid '70's console.

Interesting fact is that it was produced by different companies and sold with a host of different model no's and names. But essentially all the different variants are software compatible.

So I found this at a local garage sale. It came loose (no box or paperwork) but it was/is in pretty good nick and all the cartridges work just fine.

Interesting is that some of the games had controller overlays. I'm thinking this must have been one of the first ever systems to use overlays for the games?

foyv5.jpg

Nice! I've never even heard of this console before.

I recently picked up an intellivision with about 30 boxed games.

When I get enough disposable income, I'm planning on getting all the retro consoles and games and putting them in my room. Looking back now, I'm kinda sad that My old Famicom, Mega Drive and PS1 consoles and games are all gone.

So I guess to keep the thread going,

A while back I managed to get my hands on a mint CIB Magnavox Odyssey 2 system with the Voice add-on module and a few games.

I hadn't hooked it up for the longest time because I needed one of those "F" to Phono Plug Adapters so the RF cable can be compatible with my TV.

I've played it a bit lately, and it's fun in a very retro kind of way but I reckon not the type of system I'll keep going back to.

2ijqjuq.jpg

28a5hq9.jpg

Wow, I don't have half that stuff with mine. It came in a bag with a bunch of games at a garage sale YEARS ago. Remember having to track down a Magnavox store to buy a new power adapter.

I know what ya mean. I enjoy having these systems but I can only go back so far before the games just aren't very interesting. I can play NES anytime, prior to that, not so much.

• Retromags Curator

Just throwing out an idea. Lets have a section dedicated showing off game rooms and individual collections. Also, have some tips and guides for buying, selling, and archiving. Basically a section for serious collectors.

I also think this is a good idea. I don't know what the limit is for photos, but I think it's 10 per post.