Ok my Dream Console

harrisonosirrah

I was thinking about this while watching E3 coverage. My dream would be a merger between Sega and Ubisoft. They decide to release a new next-gen system. Think about it. That console would skyrocket on first party franchises alone. Shenmue 3, Sonic, Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, Virtua Fighter, Sega Rally, Phantasy Star, Yakuza and countless other. Ubisoft would have Beyond Good and Evil 2, Splinter Cell, Assassin's Creed, Rayman, Tomb Raider, Prince of Persia, Driver and again the list goes on. Sega still have skill in hardware. I mean they still make arcade machines right? And ubisoft has only been getting stronger. I think it would be amazing.What do you guys think? Would you buy one? Think it would work? Any ideas or Games you would want to see on a Sega/Ubisoft console?

Hm, Sega wouldn't have the cash to do it though. They haven't been doing all that great since the Sega Genesis generation. But otherwise a great idea for fans. I would get it if Sega does a remake of Panzer Dragoon Saga or at least its sequel. Yep, the RPG that only 10,000 copies were released and selling for mega bucks on Ebay right now. You forgot to mention other Sega hits like Golden Axe, Shinobi, and Shining Force series. Ubisoft is cool too. Prince of Persia (better remake than recent titles I hope) and Beyond Good & Evil 2 are major hits for me.

I know I'm not being realistic here on some points, but in a "dream world scenario" in terms of specifics I'd say,

- A cart slot; today you can build cheap but pretty big cartridges using flash-chips.

- Many USB ports; to let you run programs like emulators or homebrew games from any USB stick or to use add-ons like blu-ray drives etc.

- A big HDD

- It should allow installation of other OS and other proggies.

- Wireless communication between consoles not too far away.

- Broadband.

- Wireless joypads.

- No region-lockout and standard 50/60 Hz switch.

- Extremely low power consumption.

- No license fees so that small developers may produce for the system.

- Custom lighting system (choose your color!)

:Yahooo: