Sign in to follow this  
MrUppercut

Games That Need a Sequel!

Recommended Posts

Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon is a Wii game that I still think about many years later. Loved the game, environments, storytelling... really wish a sequel of some kind would happen.. with similar beautiful music and graphics *sighs*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Streets of Rage 4 (I love the remake, but this franchise needs a real sequel)

Actraiser III (with simulation and action scenes)

Battletoads & Double Dragon 2 (or should I say Battletoads & Double Dragon Neon?)

Virtua Racing 2

Sol-Feace 2

El Viento 2

Ranger X2 (one of the best action games for the Genesis)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why I get the feeling that I've seen this very thread topic on the forum and put in my two cents on the subject..? Is the "sometimers" getting worse?

 

Anyway, Suikoden. That series really established a world, without it feeling too forced. Things flowed naturally, and you always got the sense that there was a LOT more behind the curtain than the creators were ever showing us. I liked that, but perhaps my imagination filled in a lot of blanks...

 

Sadly, Konami is content to let all the fantastic gaming franchises it owns the rights to, rot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sigh...if only Chrono Trigger could get another sequel...or an actual 2D Metroid sequel would be nice (I don't count Samus Returns since it's a remake).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2018 at 12:28 PM, redhotkevbot said:

Sigh...if only Chrono Trigger could get another sequel...or an actual 2D Metroid sequel would be nice (I don't count Samus Returns since it's a remake).

Agree with you on both points. Square seems so hesitant to touch the Chrono series again. Perhaps that is what happens when the bar is set as high as it has been?

 

Although, have you seen I Am Setsuna? It gives me hope that they haven't forgotten the Chrono roots...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, te72 said:

Agree with you on both points. Square seems so hesitant to touch the Chrono series again. Perhaps that is what happens when the bar is set as high as it has been?

 

Although, have you seen I Am Setsuna? It gives me hope that they haven't forgotten the Chrono roots...

I've seen it but haven't gotten around to playing it or Lost Sphear yet...but that's a good point that at least some of the roots are still being carried on on some level!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, redhotkevbot said:

I've seen it but haven't gotten around to playing it or Lost Sphear yet...but that's a good point that at least some of the roots are still being carried on on some level!

Agreed. Lost Sphear looked pretty neat as well. I remember Mike Matei (of AVGN) playing some other RPG a while back, if I recall, that was also developed by Square. I believe it was just a beta, but it definitely looked promising. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An HD update to F-Zero X. Same tracks, exact same gameplay/AI, same music just modern gfx.

Street Fighter Alpha Megamix. All stages, tunes, characters, gameplay types etc in one game. SFII backgrounds redone in Alpha art style.

Ninja Gaiden

Thunderforce 7 along with an HD update for TF 4/5

Gradius 6

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this