Sign in to follow this  
Guest 420

My My, How Our Scans Spread.....

It was bound to happen. Do they come with signatures leading back here?

You know what? We need to advertise ourselves better, bar none.

Just wanted to say that. It begins with me doing distributing, but we have to do it.

Guest 420
Do they come with signatures leading back here?

Not as far as I know....

Well it comes with the territory ......since we dont watermark issues they can rip them off .....but when a user goes to Mininova and searches for more Nintendo Power issues ....they are gonna see our torrents and know that we were the original source

Tis how the internet works. I've seen the thread here talking about guides that came from EP. No one bothered to mention that or the kind lady that did all that work. The purpose of sharing is to share. :) Also, I only knew of this place because of back tracking. Now, I've donated since I found the source. If this site was more organized I'd imagine that the news would spread more favorable as well.

I think you guys should stick to pdf since cbr are easy to steal and make their own. But that depends on what you want... if you don't mind then it's fine. Why not add a watermark just to the first or last page.

It's sad that the Internet's nature is for stuff to just get passed on and be shared, it is sadly though how it is.

That is also very true about PDF, there's a lot more document security that can be applied to it, the concern would be if images would have the same level of quality that they do in the CBR packages do now.

And it also bears discussion as to whether a watermark on certain pages is a good idea. One on the PSM book actually helped us figure out where our scans were going with some good eyes, so while yes, it does take away some from the authenticity, it could be a necessary evil.

I don't see a problem with stuff being shared but I do hate when people take other people's work, in this case yours and act like it's theirs.