I am willing to scan any EGM donations

defaultuser000

Hi,

I am willing to scan any EGM issues members are willing to send me; I will make high quality scan from them. I will also spend extra time to edit them if need be using Photoshop to clean up any sign of wear and tear.

I've also been looking on eBay as well for any EGM mags. I did see this auction recently:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELECTRONIC-GAMING-MONTHLY-1995-Complete-12-VIDEO-GAME-Magazines-Free-Shipping-/300758680428?pt=Magazines&hash=item46069d436c#ht_5101wt_1186

I would buy this but I am broke atm.

If any members have issue they never had time to scan I am more than willing to take the time to scan and submit them to Retromags.

• 1 month later...

I was actually just about to put a bunch of my old mags from the late 80s and early 90s up on Kijiji to see if I could ditch them. Unfortunately most of the early ones don't have covers, but I do have a few EGM issues that aren't in the archives here (no covers). If anyone would be interested I could go through and catalog what I have.

Just so it doesn't seem like I've forgotten, I have a pic of the EGM issues I have with covers but I don't seem to have access to it at the moment. I will try to come back and post it soon.

Basically I have a number of issues of EGM with covers from late 1991 through to the end of 1993 (there are a few gaps). I also have several issues from 1990/1991 without covers. In addition to EGM I have almost every issue of GamePro from 1991 to early 1994 (I think I'm missing 3 issues). All with covers in various condition. I have the odd computer gaming related magazine from this same time period but I don't think those are of interest here.

• Retromags Curator

I have the odd computer gaming related magazine from this same time period but I don't think those are of interest here.

On the contrary, those are of MASSIVE interest here as they're much harder to find than your regular issue of EGM, GamePro or Nintendo Power. I'd personally love to see our section of PC gaming magazines beefed up. :)

*huggles*

Areala

Here is the image of the EGM issues I mentioned:

pU2QN.jpg

Unfortunately most of my computer gaming related magazines do not have covers. Too bad I didn't know about this site a year ago, I had several dozen issues of CGW from the mid-late 90s/early 2000s that are probably in a landfill now. As it stands I probably have a few cover-less issues of C&VG from the early 90s/late 80s. I'll come back and let you know what I have specifically.

• Retromags Curator

If those EGMs have covers, scan them. Don't worry about doing the editing; you can just put the scans somewhere and I can download and edit them for you.

Unfortunately my scanning guide is no longer on the site, but remember to use a piece of black construction paper behind the page you are scanning so you don't get any bleed-through :)

• Retromags Curator

If those EGMs have covers, scan them. Don't worry about doing the editing; you can just put the scans somewhere and I can download and edit them for you.

Unfortunately my scanning guide is no longer on the site, but remember to use a piece of black construction paper behind the page you are scanning so you don't get any bleed-through :)

This one?

http://www.retromags.com/guides/scanning

I may have misrepresented my intentions here. I have no desire to scan any of these. I was simply offering to send them to someone should I happen to have any issues that are missing from the archive. I was going to just throw them in the garbage but thought I would check first to see if anyone wanted them.

• Retromags Curator

I may have misrepresented my intentions here. I have no desire to scan any of these. I was simply offering to send them to someone should I happen to have any issues that are missing from the archive. I was going to just throw them in the garbage but thought I would check first to see if anyone wanted them.

Before you chuck them, consider mailing them to the address on the home page. I will make sure that they get into the hands of users who can scan them.