Who else just Preordered a Wii U Console?

• Retromags Curator

I just preordered the Wii U Deluxe set with a copy of Super Mario U :Yahooo:

Basic Set 8GB

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nintendo+-+Wii+U+White+Console/5709727.p?skuId=5709727&id=1218685702571

Deluxe Set 32GB

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nintendo+-+Nintendo+Wii+U+Black+Console/6775792.p?skuId=6775792&id=1218807628374

Doesn't look like Amazon is taking preorders yet, if anyone see's other places doing preorders.....post the links!

• Retromags Curator

I did at Best Buy. I initially pre-ordered at Futureshop, but then decided to pre-order at Best Buy because of their Reward Zone program. I pre-ordered solely to "hold" one for now since I don't know how this one will sell. I doubt it will be like the Wii, but I don't want to take a chance and have to wait months before I can get one. I am guessing as it gets closer to November 18, various stores will have deals and incentives, at which point I will probably cancel my pre-order and take advantage of a promo.

I'll probably wait until the Wii U gets more games. I usually wait about 1-2 years after a console launches anyway. The last system I bought at launch was the Sega Saturn, lol. Although, I am quite interested in the Neo Geo X Gold. http://www.neogeox.com After all these years, I still can't afford the original Neo Geo. I think it's high time for me to own one with this re-release console.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't PO. It's better to wait and see who has the best launch deal. I would prefer the black one this time and don't know how soon I'll find one. With the backlog of current gen stuff there's no way I'll need a new platform in the next 2 years. Said the same about the Vita until the launch day B2G1's.

There will be no launch deals with the Wii U. It's already sold out for pre-orders, no incentives needed.

We don't know how many units were available to order. Remember the mess for the Wii launch, my guess is they're cutting way back just to be safe. As for deals there's no way to know. Some stores may offer gift cards or bundle deals. The deals may be on games alone as it was for the Vita launch. And it's possible for gift cards to be received for the holidays.