Nintendo Power Promotional Videos

MBJ

You may remember that back in the day Nintendo Power used to mail promotional video tapes to subscribers to show footage of new games such as Donkey Kong Country, Starfox 64, etc. I know that these aren't magazine issues but it would be cool if they were made available online. I don't have any of these old tapes but I know that they can occasionally be found on eBay for pretty cheap and I have the equipment and know-how that would be required to convert them to Divx/Xvid for distribution via bittorrent. What does everyone think of this?

• Retromags Curator
You may remember that back in the day Nintendo Power used to mail promotional video tapes to subscribers to show footage of new games such as Donkey Kong Country, Starfox 64, etc. I know that these aren't magazine issues but it would be cool if they were made available online. I don't have any of these old tapes but I know that they can occasionally be found on eBay for pretty cheap and I have the equipment and know-how that would be required to convert them to Divx/Xvid for distribution via bittorrent. What does everyone think of this?

Ohhh sounds good B)

Someone did put up a video a LONG time ago, like like E3. Unfortunately the torrent is dead. It would be awesome if someone happened to have it, or any other prototype videos :)

i know i have a couple of them, buried in the vhs cabinet in my basement;) ill eventually dig them out, MJB, do you wanna send me instructions on how to capture/Divx it correctly? (i have a cap card on my vid card, only problem is that theres a little wavy line that runs thru all my caps... if you can help me get rid of it, i can cap/post what i have)

msg me or reply, im up for sharing what i have

Yeah, I remember having the donkey kong country video. Pretty interesting stuff. I'll keep my eyes open. I also have been rearchiving the old tech tv show called "icons" if any of you have heard of it. it is a sort of gaming history show dedicated to popular people/franchises/consoles/events. It's very interesting and i will be more than happy to share once I finally get a season done. I don't want to up anything that isn't a full season.

season 3 used to float around the internet in torrents, but i haven't been able to find the others.

here's an episode list:

Season 1

1 Oddworld Inhabitants

2 Nolan Bushnell

3 Pac-Man

4 Lara Croft

5 Activision

6 Miyamoto

7 Everquest

8 Bioware

9 Will Wright

10 Women of Gaming