Your Retro Gaming Wishlist

Areala

• Retromags Curator

Unless you're super wealthy, you're probably still trying to track down some elusive gems. What are some of the titles you'd need to acquire to help you feel like your collection was complete?

I'll start...

Shadow Hearts: Covenant (PS2)

915253_56251_front.jpg

A tactical RPG with a Gothic style as opposed to high fantasy. Technically, the Shadow Hearts series is a continuation of Koudelka on the PS1, but more in spirit than in story (much like the Final Fantasy sequels, there aren't recurring characters). I'd also like the third game in the series, Shadow Hearts: From the New World.

Kuon (PS2)

918963_61048_front.jpg

In my quest to acquire every Survival Horror title for the PS1 and PS2, I've made great strides including the ungawdly awesome/awful "Michigan: Report From Hell" which came from the UK. This one, however, keeps eluding me. It's set in historical Japan during the Heian Period (roughly 1,000 to 1,200 years ago), and the best part is that the US release features the option to hear the English dub or the original Japanese dialogue with appropriate subtitles. Given some of the ultra-rare stuff I've managed to stumble across in my searches, it seems odd this one should give me such fits.

Tales of Destiny II (PS1)

526350_40641_front.jpg

I've got the first game, but I'm missing its sequel. They're an interesting sort of action/RPG hybrid with long, involving storylines, and I kind of feel like I should have both parts.

Akai Ito (PS2)

922061_57295_front.jpg

A Japanese-only horror-themed adventure game with a plot about girls falling in love. Um, wait, why don't I own this one already...?

Aoishiro (PS2)

934981_78789_front.jpg

From the people who brought you Akai Ito, it's another Japanese-only yuri-themed adventure game. See above. :)

*huggles*

Areala

My goal wasn't to find rare games, my collection developed from buying everything I wanted to play. By luck of the draw some of my games became valuable. I also don't do imports. Not sure I've heard of those games above. Of course, that's probably why you call them rare.

I'm still hunting off and on for a complete-in-box Vectrex Light Pen and the games for that accessory. Last time I saw it, I of course didn't have the money to bid at the time. Much of the time, I only see it being sold along with the console, but I already have two consoles from different countries.

http://vectrexmuseum...texlightpen.php

There's also a couple relatively more common games I still need for the system, but I haven't had the spare cash to pick them up when I see them. Then there's a number of homebrew carts I haven't really made a priority and will likely never get a hold of. Finally, there's prototypes like Dark Tower and extremely limited releases like the bugfixed Minestorm cart and the promotional Mr. Boston Clean Sweep that are really beyond me ever dreaming of owning...

At least I snatched up a decent deal on one of these complete-in-box, along with the compatible games, when I had a chance to early this year:

http://vectrexmuseum...x-3D-imager.php

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

im kinda in the same boat as DPsx7 my goal was to build my collection in that fashion, I do have a bunch of games i dont play but some have become worth money o the time

such as even Super Mario Bros. for nes a couple years ago couldn't get a buck (even Canadian) lol

but now worth 5 bucks,

so now some systems worth 100 bucks are now 300-400 bucks in box

so like i said in the 1st line lol

im in the same boat as DPsx7

• 1 year later...

Since I will be getting a boxed copy of A Link to the Past sometime soon, my biggest wants are mostly for my Castlevania collection: Dracula X, The Adventure, Legends, Chronicles and Belmont's Revenge, all complete, which tend to be fairly difficult to come across. I do wanted boxed copies of Ocarina and Majora's Mask, with the gold Ocarina cart, but they don't appear to be as rare as, say, Dracula X.