Recommended Emulators

MBJ

Sorry, I tried to post this in the Emulator forum but I don't have the permissions to start new threads there.

Anyway...

I have a ton of roms but I have been out of the emulation scene for some time. I use Nestopia 1.09 for my NES Roms and VisualBoy Advance for all GB roms. I am not sure of that is best to use for SNES roms, N64 roms, etc.

What emulators do you suggest for the various consoles and are there any websites that you recommend that I download them from? If you can't provide a URL I can just try my luck on Google.

Thanks!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For N64 I use Project64. It works great, It's the best from what I hear. The offical site seem to be down but I found it here h**p://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/n64/project64.html for you.

For Snes I use Snes9x. I'm not sure if it is the best but it works great (It even has built in web play capabilities) This is the home h**p://www.snes9x.com/

• Retromags Curator
Ah, Nesticle. Gotta love that bloody dripping severed hand cursor. You just don't see that attention to detail in homebrew programs anymore! :)

I remember that emulator ......I also remember being driven nuts by having to Vote for each site .....only to go crazy looking for where the games were :angry:

Now i play in Newsgroups :P

Much happier

Honestly, I use PocketNES for all my emulation needs. It probably IS the best NES emulator out there (it uses Nintendo hardware, so what else would you expect?)

For PocketPC PocketNES still has some glitches and it tends to flicker. Morphgear is better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...