What Halloween Candy Did You Hate Getting

Phillyman

• Retromags Curator

Given that I've had orthodontics of some form or another in my mouth since I was five years old, I wasn't allowed (or rather, wasn't supposed to) eat an awful lot of Halloween candies, though for stuff I really liked (Tootsie Rolls especially), I'd bend the rules a bit.

Bit O'Honey and saltwater taffy were my least-favorite types of candy to receive in my plastic pumpkin. :)

*huggles*

Areala

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

What better way to celebrate Halloween than practicing necromancy? :D

Tootsie Rolls? Malted Milk Balls? Candy corn? Three Musketeers? Man, some of the people in this old thread hated some really tasty stuff. I hated the waxy gobs of stickiness that got stuck on your teeth which Howard mentioned. And like Areala, I too hated Bit 'O Honey. Never a fan of Mike and Ike's either. Or were they Good and Plenty? Whatever. Whichever ones were the pill form of black licorice. which is about the most god-awful yet still-edible substance I can possibly think of.

You know what the worst was though? Pennies. Yeah, great, that's what every kid wants. Some heavy things that you couldn't even eat, the literal monetary equivalent of maybe one third of an actual piece of candy, just because some asshole felt that it was it was the marginally superior alternative to throwing away the disposable pieces of virtually unspendable currency that were cluttering up his house.

• Like 1

What better way to celebrate Halloween than practicing necromancy? :D

This doesn't make your statement untrue, but I believe you're making a reference to the comic book thread.

It makes a great non-sequitur, though.

Edit: Oops, I guess not. This thread just got dredged up as well, I see.

It's all Howard's fault.

Edited by kitsunebi77

• 3 weeks later...

I killed me some peanut butter taffy.

The only things I hated were spice jelly beans, liquorice (the original black variety and anything flavored with it), and those weird not-tootsie-roll, not-proper-candy shaped things that had the consistency of wax, with dull flavor.

Not much love for licorice around here... I must be the odd one then. I've always appreciated bitter candy though. Between licorice (especially the black twizzlers, very strong flavor!) and dark chocolate, yum.

Explains why I like Jaeger and most folks I know can't stand it...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haha! Phillyman, you and I are on the same page, in that regard. :) There's just something that's really disgusting about the center of a Whopper. Bleh!! :huh: And I never cared how many licks it took to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop, but I never wanted to attempt it again, after the first time. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Old people candy, tootsie rolls and liquorice 

Black licorice is the worst! One of a very short list of candy that i won't eat. Bleh!!

pennies.jpg

They hurt my teeth and never went down right.

Lol.

Did you know that you can make batteries out of pennies made after 1982? You just need a little bit of vinegar, some cardboard, and wire, or aluminum foil.

We never really got into Halloween, it just wasn't a thing, here. On candies, though, I never really liked the ones you unwrap, and there's still some paper stuck on in, and it just won't come off, so you have to just eat it with the paper.

• Like 1

We never really got into Halloween, it just wasn't a thing, here. On candies, though, I never really liked the ones you unwrap, and there's still some paper stuck on in, and it just won't come off, so you have to just eat it with the paper.

Haha! Yes!! I found that it was mostly gum that did that to me. :)