Free Magazines - Perth, Western Australia

Matteous

Hi there : )

I’ve got a heap of games magazines ranging from 1989 to 2000 (CVG, EDGE, Nintendo Magazine System, EGM etc, no PC publications) that I’m going to get rid of unless I can find someone who’ll take them off me.

I’m living in Perth, Western Australia and would be very happy if someone would like to take them (free of charge obviously!) and possibly scan them in for everyone else to enjoy. Unfortunately having three children and a wife with ongoing health problems I simply don’t have time to scan them myself, and we’re almost completely out of room in our house.

I’ve kept them in excellent condition and it would be sad to see them put into the recycle bin.

Please let me know if you're interested.

Kind Regards,

Matt

• Retromags Curator

I have a brother living in Sydney so it should be fairly easy to get them to him then onto me. He flies over in two weeks so might be a chance of getting them fairly quickly too

Kiwi

Would you mind passing along the scans of the covers to us, so we can add them to our gallery? :)

Sure. Every cover is added to my website and anyone can happily use them wherever they want anyway. You should find heaps over there for all sorts of magazines already that you may not have in the gallery so go for it. Oh yeah... They are all 1200dpi height so fit in with RM's gallery size too. It takes a bit of effort scanning them all in so I generally upload there only.

I am scanning the covers of all my mags so I can show people what I have. Expect heaps more over there on an ongoing basis

I am getting very excited here... I anxiously wish to read CVG 127 to 167 as I haven't read them in well over 15 years now.

I hope OP owns a number of those.

/fingers crossed.

KiwiArcader. If you like I could help scanning some in. I'd be more than happy to. I am located in Sydney.

Hey everyone they're still available... Sorry I spent the weekend in hospital after fainting and smashing my head on the floor.... yaaaay....

Will take photos asap... I think the best way to do this is anyone who wants certain mags can pay for the postage etc and I'll send them your way... unless someone wants to take the whole lot off my hands which would be preferable... but I really can't afford to spend any money getting them sent to you sorry....

Frak!!! I hope you are okay Matteous.

Don't sweat it on our account. Better you are completely well before stressing yourself into another fainting spell my friend. Mags are just mags after all.

Because you didn't PM me the postage costs I didn't know if you were still getting rid of them or were really busy. That's all. Still keen on knowing what the issue numbers you have of CVG so I can fill in blanks in my collection and we have nearly no NMS mags preserved so they are a priority too.

In that case do you mind if I grab the CVG issues? I'm a huge fan of the mag and I have great expertise in Photoshop and editing in general.

Proof is here: www.beethy.deviantart.com/gallery

I do all my own editing on my photographs.

I'd also be happy to pay for the CVG postage.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...