Looking for Newsstand EGM February 2005

mestizo

Hey guys I just signed up cuz I have been trying to find this issue for a long time. I think its either the Febuary or maybe January edition.

In particular I want the poster that came with the newsstand copy. Which had alternate covers for 5 of the best games of the time.

boxart-01.jpg

The image above shows a small portion of one side of a poster packed in with all newsstand copies of the current issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM) magazine. The poster features alternate package covers for four of the hottest games in recent months: Halo 2, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and Resident Evil 4. As far as I know, this is the first time any US game magazine has tried something like this, and if the response from readers is positive, they'll probably continue to do it in the future.

So yeh any help at all is really appreciated! If you happen to have the above poster or copy of the mag with it inside please post here/send me a PM.

Take care guys!

• 1 month later...

See according to that one article, it was a poster included with newsstand copies. Now I dont know if it was just an insert included in the plastic bag over the newstand copy or if it was a page to be pulled out of the magazine.

But yeh I bought that copy you linked just now so I will see if it is included! for 14$ its worth the gamble.

I was hopeing maybe someone on these board may have a newsstand copy still in the bag to confirm, or if there were any EGM experts who could share some wisdom.

Edited by mestizo

• 5 weeks later...