Nintendo Power covers for 2013

Greg

Hi all. I'm planning on putting together fan covers for Nintendo Power each month this year since no more real covers will be made and this year is the magazine's 25th anniversary. Anyone else interested in doing something like this? I was thinking about doing covers that relate to the current and upcoming releases, but do different months in the different cover styles the magazine used over the years.

I haven't done anything like this before, but I think I did alright putting together a January 2013 cover in the style of the late-2008 to 2012 subscriber editions. The image this is based on came from here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/software/img/game_and_wario/main.png

np286test.jpg

Here's one for February 2013 / issue 287. This one took a lot longer and didn't turn out exactly like I hoped, but I'm pretty happy with the result anyway. I used the newsstand edition style from late 2007 to 2012 but used the new Future logo which only appeared on the final issue (285).

FYI, the debris in the air is in the original artwork. :)

np287test.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's a cover featuring LEGO City: Undercover for March 2013 / issue 288. I wanted to do a LEGO-style NP logo, but I couldn't get it to look right, so I stuck with the normal logo instead. This cover is more-or-less done in the style of the early Future US newsstand editions. Basically it's a cross between the final Nintendo/V-Design covers (which I plan to base April's cover on) and the final Future US newsstand covers (which I already used for the February cover).

Enjoy!

np288test.jpg