Anybody Want The Earthbound Player's Guide?!

deutsch_joe

Been awhile since I've been here. :fear:

*thread title*

This is a really rare guide that fetches a high price on Ebay. I bought the box, guide (which doubles as an instruction manual) and game off of Ebay at $150 a couple of years ago. The guide usually goes for around $50.

Anybody that follows the Earthbound community on the Internet knows why it fetches such a high price.

With the exception of a large tear in the cover, a large tear in the first page, and the corner of one page torn off, my guide is in good condition.

So would anybody like scans of it?

Just thinking about debinding it to scan it makes me want to curl up into a fetal position and cry. :cry:

I currently have a $15 dollar bid on a copy that has 2 days left. I don't plan on bidding much higher. So once I lose this auction, I say go for it. I would like to see a complete collection of Nintendo Players Guides

I have these ones done.....

Nintendo Players Guide - Gameboy (1991) (joined).cbz

Nintendo Players Guide - Mario Mania (1991) (joined).cbz

Nintendo Players Guide - Mario Paint (1993) (joined).cbz

Nintendo Players Guide - NES Game Atlas (1991) (joined).cbz

Nintendo Players Guide - Super Metroid (joined).cbz

Nintendo Players Guide - Super NES (1992) (joined).cbz

Nintendo Players Guide - The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past (1992) (joined).cbr

Nintendo Players Guide - The Legend of Zelda - Links Awakening (1993) (joined).cbz

Nintendo Players Guide - Top Secret Passwords (1992) (joined).cbz

I just won an auction for Super Mario 64 and Goldeneye Players Guides, expect scans in a few weeks.

There are many more, accorading to Wikipedia...

"Among the games that have been given Player's Guides:

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Mario Paint

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Street Fighter II Turbo

Super Mario All-Stars

Super Metroid

Donkey Kong Country

EarthBound

Killer Instinct

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Chrono Trigger

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Super Mario 64

Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble

Mario Kart 64

Star Fox 64

GoldenEye 007

Diddy Kong Racing

Yoshi's Story

Banjo-Kazooie

Banjo-Tooie

Pok?mon Red / Blue

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Pok?mon Snap

Jet Force Gemini

Pok?mon Special Edition

Donkey Kong 64

Pok?mon Stadium

Perfect Dark

Pok?mon Trading Card Game GB

Pok?mon Gold / Silver

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Paper Mario

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages

Conker's Bad Fur Day

Pok?mon Crystal

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader

Luigi's Mansion

Wave Race: Blue Storm

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Super Mario Sunshine

Star Fox Adventures

Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3

Metroid Fusion

Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Metroid: Zero Mission

Donkey Kong Country Game Boy Advance version

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past/Four Swords

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

Pok?mon Ruby / Sapphire

Golden Sun: The Lost Age

Wario World

Advance Wars 2 Black Hole Rising

Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

Sword of Mana

Super Mario Advance 4/ Super Mario Bros. 3

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles

Paper Mario The Thousand-Year Door

Pok?mon FireRed / LeafGreen

Pok?mon Emerald

Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls

Battalion Wars

Final Fantasy IV Advance

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

Animal Crossing: Wild World

Metroid Prime Hunters

New Super Mario Bros.

Who here has some of these to scan? (Mabey I should start my own thread for this question.....)

BTW I can scan a book without debinding......

I have the following player's guides:

Donkey Kong Country

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Animal Crossing (GC)

Metroid Prime

New Super Mario Bros.

I would be happy to send them to you for some non-debinding scanning. :grin:

:laughing: :grin: :w00t: Awesome! I'm glad to see that you're scanning Player's Guides! That was going to be my next suggestion.

I have a few of those, but before I list them, let me say... I don't think you're going win the auction for Earthbound dude. Somebody's bound to snipe you at the end... :fear:

Anyway, the Nintendo Power Player's Guides I have are:

Donkey Kong 64*

Super Mario Advance 4/Super Mario Bros. 3

Metroid Zero Mission

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes*

The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons*

Luigi's Mansion*

Metroid Prime*

Wario World*

Also, two guides not in that list are

Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.

I have both of these, but I can't find Fire Emblem.

*There are visible problems with these covers. I would just describe the problems on an individual basis (some aren't bad, but others are pretty noticable...), but it's easier to take a picture and show you to see if it's worthy of a scan. But when I got my digital camera, the batteries were dead. So, I'll take the pictures tomorrow morning after the batteries are done charging.

As far as I know, none of my Player's Guides have any problem with any of their pages, with the exception of that one page in the Earthbound guide. Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones guide doesn't have any problems with it's cover.

So...yeah...I'll help you scan when I can. I won't have a lot of time for it (I didn't have a lot of time to do my scanning of the instruction booklets or the boxes either) but I'll do my best to squeeze it in when I have time.

Also, how do you scan the guides without debinding them? How do you keep them straight on the scanner? And how do you clearly scan what's near the "valley" thing next to the binding on the right/left edges of the pages?

I would be happy to send them to you for some non-debinding scanning. :grin:

I would be happy to scan them but it will take me a while. I scan and edit slowly, in stages, (can take me up to a week to do a book) and right now the next things I plan on scanning are the 2 issues of Nintendo Power Advance I have (still loking for #02).

let me say... I don't think you're going win the auction for Earthbound dude. Somebody's bound to snipe you at the end... :fear:

I have already been outbid :cry:

Also, two guides not in that list are

That list is incomplete but it is the best one I found so far....

...but it's easier to take a picture and show you to see if it's worthy of a scan.

It's always worthy of a scan. Most problems can be fixed in photoshop. If it is too bad we just wait untill some one comes along who can rescan the cover.

Also, how do you scan the guides without debinding them? How do you keep them straight on the scanner? And how do you clearly scan what's near the "valley" thing next to the binding on the right/left edges of the pages?

First off I use a flat bed scanner (autofeed, of course, requires debinding). The key is just to smash the binding as flat as possible, put somethig heavy on top of the scanner lid (I use a stack of books or a couple spindles of CDs).

Don't worry about straight (thats what photoshop is for), do worry about getting all the page in the scan...

Once in a while a book is printed and bound in a way that you really cannot get a good scan, then ,only as a last resort, would I debind.

I scanned this P1010041.JPG bending the hell out of it and as you can see after 2 weeks at the bottom of this stack 1010039.JPG it looks almost good as new. If you want to ckeck out the scan it is on Transexual-Underground.

I also just now picked up "Pokemon Snap Official Nintendo Player's Guide" for $3.70 w/ shipping

I will create a new thread for this project, listing who has what and what is needed. But I'll do it later, I got things to take care of now.....