Nintendo Player's Guides Project

Guest 420

I fancyed up the top post :laughing:

Also, I just want to say that if anyone wants to mirror that torrent elsewhere for the folks who got themselves locked out of google, feel free. Post it up where ever you want....

• Retromags Curator
MBJ, I don't believe you!!! :|

Nice one for taking being called a fool on the chin though, HAHA.. :P

WarriorWarrior ....I see your IP is from the UK .....would you be interested in recieving magazines for scanning from UK sellers?

There are alot of UK auctions with pretty cool looking mags .....its ashame most sellers dont ship to the USA or charge an arm to do so

Let me know

Does anyone know of a way to scan player's guides without them being destroyed? I've got the Final Fantasy III and Super Mario RPG guides in mint condition that I've had for 10 years that I'd like to scan, I just definitely don't want to debind them or break their spines. Like, is there a scanner glass page thing that you can insert into a book? (probably not) Or maybe some other ingenious solution?

Does anyone know of a way to scan player's guides without them being destroyed? I've got the Final Fantasy III and Super Mario RPG guides in mint condition that I've had for 10 years that I'd like to scan, I just definitely don't want to debind them or break their spines. Like, is there a scanner glass page thing that you can insert into a book? (probably not) Or maybe some other ingenious solution?

I have scanned many magazines, comics ,guides...ect and what I have always done is simply press hard on the scanner lid to get a good scan. I was advocating this method earlier in this thread.

But after 2 of the last 2 Nintendo Players Guides I scanned have had pages come loose (or fall out) I don't think I can stand behind that advise any longer. It seems that the type of binding that Nintendo uses on these guides cannot withstand the kind of pressure I require for a good scan.

So my advise to you is, if you want to keep you guides mint don't scan them, or do it very gently.

Thank you for wanting to help, the gesture is appreciated :grin:

I realize this news may change MBJ's willingness to let me scan some of his guides (I know you wanted to keep them in good shape so I understand if you pull your name off of some of thoes)

In other news Dodonpach (google user) is sending me Pok?mon Red / Blue. Big thanks to him :grin:

And our own JohnnyBlaze is donating Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Legend of Zelda:Collector's Disc Guide, Metroid Zero Mission, and some other non-NPG guides. HUGE Thanks to him.

I realize this news may change MBJ's willingness to let me scan some of his guides (I know you wanted to keep them in good shape so I understand if you pull your name off of some of thoes)

In other news Dodonpach (google user) is sending me Pok?mon Red / Blue. Big thanks to him :grin:

And our own JohnnyBlaze is donating Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Legend of Zelda:Collector's Disc Guide, Metroid Zero Mission, and some other non-NPG guides. HUGE Thanks to him.

I wouldn't mind sacrificing most of mine. The only one that this really affects is Animal Crossing (GC) as it is my wife's and she would be pissed if anything happened to it. I just got the New SMB guide not long ago so I'm hesitant to sacrifice it but I've already beat the game 100% so I could probably handle it. Let the debinding begin! I'll update the list to reflect the change.

Thanks to Dodonpach and JohnnyBlaze for the great guides, especially Zelda: Collectors Edition which is one of those rare and pricey ones.

Someone just upped the SMB RPG guide at undergroundgamer. If you guys aren't members, I can send it to you. It's almost 90 megs. The only problem is that it's not that good of a scan (pages are off center a little, soiled/beat-up pages).

Already have it and have posted a message to the releaser about this project.

That scan is in pretty rough shape (the worst is the tape....so hard to clean in photoshop) and missing some pages.

It would really help me out if someone could organize the list of guides (in the top post) by System.

SNES, GB, N64, GC, GBA, ect......

If you have the knowledge and the time please help :grin:

I've looked through my collection and I've got a 'Gameboy Camera Funtography Guide' (not on the list from what I could see), the 'Pokemon Special Edition for Red, Yellow, or Blue,' and I've decided to scan the Final Fantasy III guide for the greater good. I'd get more satisfaction contributing it to the effort than letting it sit in my closet. :grin:

I've looked through my collection and I've got a 'Gameboy Camera Funtography Guide' (not on the list from what I could see), the 'Pokemon Special Edition for Red, Yellow, or Blue,' and I've decided to scan the Final Fantasy III guide for the greater good. I'd get more satisfaction contributing it to the effort than letting it sit in my closet. :grin:

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Farntastic

I'll put you down for those guides.

I've never seen the Gameboy Camera Funtography Guide. I think it is most likely not an "Official Nintendo Player's Guide" just like the Super Gameboy Guide, but I would love to see it scanned anyway.

Has anyone ever seen the Street Fighter II Turbo guide?

Does it really exist?

Yeah, it does exist. Here's a picture of the cover from a scan of page 11 of the NP Super Power Supplies Catalog from Spring 1996:

npspsspring1996p11aq4.jpg

I wonder if anyone has the Nintendo Power Index sheets from the catalogs?

Yeah, it does exist. Here's a picture of the cover from a scan of page 11 of the NP Super Power Supplies Catalog from Spring 1996:

npspsspring1996p11aq4.jpg

I wonder if anyone has the Nintendo Power Index sheets from the catalogs?

Thanks for the info :grin:

I have never seen it for sale....

I've just got Yoshi's Story (N64) and Pikmin (not on the list for GC). The Gameboy Camera Funtograph. Guide isn't a player's guide, but it does say "Official Guide from the pros at Nintendo Power" on the top. Don't know if that qualifies.

Very nice :cool:

I'll put you down for those.

As for the Gameboy Camera Funtograph guide , I am thinking about putting together a torrent of official Nintendo publications outside of the NPG famliy.

The list so far:

The Gameboy Camera Funtograph Guide...(to be scanned)

Official Super NES Game Guide

Super Game Boy Guide

The NWC Insiders Program Guide

How to Win at Super Mario Bros

Anyone have anymore ideas?