Swordless Zelda Questing

MBJ

I was wondering if anyone had ever heard of this: Swordless Zelda Questing. As you may have guessed from the name, the premise is that you try to make it through the original Legend of Zelda without using a sword.

I first heard of this challenge in Volume 26 of Nintendo Power. In the Counselors' Corner section on page 85, you can see that counselor Bruce M. White's Best NES Accomplishment is "finishing The Legend of Zelda without a sword". Who knows whether Mr. White was the first to attempt this but it is the earliest documented account of such an attempt that I can find.

I have tried this myself and it is definitely a great challenge that I highly recommend to anyone who loves Zelda. A text FAQ on Swordless Zelda Questing was formerly available at www.gamefaqs.com but when I looked at the time of this posting I could only find it HERE.

• Retromags Curator
:lol: 3 more posts and your in the Arcade :lol::lol::lol:;)

and 10 more for yourself and you will have access to the 10+ games i am adding this week :P

and for the Zelda question .....i have heard about it ......and Zelda is one of my favorite games ......i never beat level 9 though :(

It was my Second game for the NES ....that i got on christmas .......anyways i was sooo obsessed with the game ....that when i would get done playing every night .....i would lay in bed and worry that i hadnt saved the game right .......and would wake up and power the nes back on and check to make sure my save game was still there :o

I really should add it to my flash card ;)

Yes, I finished the first quest of Zelda without a sword years before I even had internet access. I've attempted the second quest, but was never able to finish. In theory, you play through most of the second quest without a sword anyway, due to those goddamn red bubbles.

Technically, the only way to BEAT the game without the sword is to use the potion glitch, since the sword is the only thing that can harm Ganon