A Bit Hesitant

Guest PhakeDC

Guest PhakeDC

I came here expecting a free archive of certain magazines. But now i'm totally confused; i was prompted to pay subscription fees, yet I have no idea what your releases are. Seems the majority are nintendo-based one, and I'm an avid Sega fan for over 15 years now. So naturally i'm looking for scans of Sega mags primarily. Would anyone kindly tell me how many or at least the publication names Sega-related on this website if I am to invest a certain amount of money into the matter? thanks

And as for the subscription fees, you can joinand download the RetroMags Bittorrent releases for free but there are added perks that come with a paid subscription. These are detailed in a thread started by Phillyman today HERE.

I was hesitant to pay at first myself but it is definitely worth it if you are interested in retrogaming and the attack forum system.

All that paying does is get you access to the releases faster and a few other perks that are listed in the other thread.

You can get the same perks by helping out (scanning, editing, ect.....) ;)

• Retromags Curator

I want to make sure that no one thinks that i am trying to profit off this site or that i am selling these scans......Premium memberships just cover the bandwidth costs.....and allow us to purchase more mags

Take this an a example

MBJ's Membership fee ......might go towards purchasing the first issue of EGM.......now once i have scanned that magazine .....i put it back up on ebay for sale .......and take the money i get back from that issue ......to purchase the next magazine

The money just rotates around .......never goes in my pocket

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys, checking out the site, but for the life of me I cant find where to get any issues or even see what youve got. What am I doing wrong? I clicked downloads but I just get an error saying I'm have no permission to view that item. I searched high and low elsewhere and just cant find anything. Am I just blind?

Thanks

Guest PhakeDC

Thanks for the replies, clarifying matters for me. I'm going to shift the topic now and ask whether anyone is willing to scan specific Sega magazines for money? Having failed to locate any potential sellers of their Official Sega Magazine (UK) collection, I'm going to have to be content with scans since real ink and paper are quite hard to purchase. If you know anyone who's willing to do so kindly help me out because I'm getting desperate. Here are cover scans of the issues I want the most.

issue%2002.jpg

issue%2004.jpg

issue%2006.jpg

issue%2007.jpg

issue%2009.jpg